1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sporting News: Greatest Playoffs Ever: 1995

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 13, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Based on what have you made this assessment? Based on a guy three seasons into his career that is nowhere near his prime yet and is already a bonafide superstar?:rolleyes:

Amare is yet to be consistent on the defensive end, but he has shown that he absolutely has the ability to be a monster on the boards (what is he averaging in this series against Dallas, like 15 rbs a game or something?) and the ability to block shots.

It is rather premature to declare that the guy is "no Hakeem". His upside is too much to make such a bold prediction.

2. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

anyone know where i can get the box scores from the 95 playoffs? I can only find the regular season box scores...really want to see that utah game 2...i remember it being sick

3. insane man

insane man Member

from sefko and blinebury's believe it:

game 2:

houston hit an nba playoff record 19 of 28 3 point field goals en route to a 140-126 win to tie the series 1-1. the rockets made seven 3-pointers in the first period but utah stayed close and trailed by just five at halftime. but the rockets pulled away from the jazz in the third period and coasted. kenny smith scored 32 points, including seven 3-pointers and clyde drexler scored 30 to lead the rockets.

hakeem had 27 and 10.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

You can actually go back to 1984....with Bird vs. Magic and when all these awesome superstars came into the league.

Hard to believe - what an era....truly 1998 marked the end of it. Basketball hasn't been the same...it's not just Jordan, it's so many awesome players and characters.

The current group just seems to be missing something...

#24 NewYorker, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 15, 2005
  5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You hit it on the head, absolutely agree with you. The later part of the 1980s until the 1998 season, I believe, was by far the golden age of the NBA. There were just too many personal/team rivalries, tenacious defense (and rules that ctually encouraged tough/physical play, which sadly have been done away with now), and to top that just some of the most fun to watch superstars in history of the league (Jordan, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, D.Robinson, Shaq, Pippen, Payton/Kemp, Reggie Miller, Wilkins, the "Bad Boys", and on and on).

Ahhh, I miss those days:(

But you know what, with the incredible infusion of talent into the NBA, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the NBA is about to enter a new Renaissance era in which the NBA will regain much of its lost glory. I can only wish so.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Who is this "Jordon?"

:p

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

His first name is Mikael.