1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sporting News] All-for-One, One-for-All Mentality Still Sets Rockets Apart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-allforoneoneforallme&prov=tsn&type=lgns

3 people like this.
  2. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

join the revolution of rocket science

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still on the fence about this. Emotionally, I like this group and don't want it to change. Intellectually, I know this group is not enough to contend, probably even adding a healthy Yao.

(BTW, the beauty of Yao is that he has an ego of a role player, not a superstar. I do not worry a bit about him fitting in chemistry-wise. And I have faith in Adelman to fit Yao in strategy-wise.)

I think Morey is looking at getting a star player. To get that, we are looking at giving up at least one piece of our current core (Brooks, Battier, Ariza, Scola) and at least one promising young guy (Lowry, Budinger, Hill). So I am torn.

1 person likes this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This reminds me of a comment Chris Webber once made.

Webber was once talking (gribing a bit, I think) about how guys on the Kings need to know and play their roles better. A reporter asked him "So, Chris, what's your role." Webber replied "Mr. Everything."

Yep... Kevin, just go out there and play your role, which is to give us 20 points on about 13 shots and 8 FTs. Simple, no?

5. zilches

zilches Member

Good post.

With Yao back at even 90% of his former self, I definitely think we are a contender.

I could live with losing Shane or Trevor, but I would not like giving up Lowry, Bud, or Hill. I hope Morey will use the draft picks creatively.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets still pushing for the playoffs is great. They still have a chance but the can not go over 33 loses. I still have the Spurs losing 34 and Portland losing 34 if the Rockets can some how manage only 33 they are in the playoffs. Even if they don't this has a been a fun team to watch. Looking forward to next season and July 1st.

7. vince

vince Member

Wether the Rockets make the playoff or not, their duty is to continue to build the confidence for next season.

I would be ecstatic to continue to see this group mesh even more, especially when Yao get's back.

But, if Morey thinks that the increased value of the role players to facilitate a blockbuster trade, then you just hope the pieces fit together.

But, wow, adding Yao to this group would be sweet. Yao comands double teams, so does Brooks, so does Martin. And nobody can leave Scola alone because he's under the basket for a put back, wide open for a 10 footer, etc.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I get torn between building the best team you can and building a team to beat the Lakers. i know the later sounds foolish, but I really cant see anyone but them to meet in the conference finals for the next couple years. And getting to that point and losing will feel disappointing. We have to be able to beat the Gasol/Odom/Bynum combinations. And Yao/Hill/Hayes isnt going to do it.

9. Mashing

Mashing Member

That article is written like a love letter to Morey.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Rocket Science from MIT. :cool:

As good as the outlook for this team lies, I still think Morey will shake the team again during the off season or at least till the trade dateline. Just can't see Morey paying upwards to 10m for Scola as next season will just be a mad offseason with a lot of teams desperate to make changes with their cap space. While battier, jefferies and yao is in their final year of big contracts.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

No byline, eh? I wouldn't have put my byline on that press release, either.

The Morey jocksniff boomlet has become embarrassing.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

dam red commie basketball. :grin:

13. mi0304

mi0304 Member

I've translated this article and posted it on korean NBA forum, and everybody - espacially Knicks fans :) awe the team Rockets. I am so proud of them.