1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoiled children: Wake up.....and appreciate what we've had/have.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

There’s is an awful lot of crying around here lately.
    This whole championship or bust **** is lame af.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will give them until the all-star break to gel. We have a number of new members on the team. This is part of growing pain. In the past 8 games or so, they have shown me that they care to play defense. That's good enough for me.

Erbnwarfare, Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the absolute worst are those who seem to get some sort of rush when the team is losing or not playing well...when the team is struggling, they’re real active on here making stupid threads and spreading their filth throughout the game threads...the minute a semblance of a win streak starts to appear, all of the sudden we can’t find them

they’ll call everyone who’s tired of their constant negativity homers and act like they’re keeping it real...yeah, real stupid...

those posters are crybaby b*tches, and that’s with all due disrespect

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The children here have never been spoiled. Never held the trophies like us 99'ers. Complacency does not inspire greatness. I want MORE. I DEMAND more.

[​IMG]

5. JW86

JW86 Member

We should appreciate it because Tilman will go full Knicks on us.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh, lets not got that far. Dudes will hit more threes next time and Harden will be more aggressive(he said as much in his interview). Lets just see how we respond next time.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, tell us what you really think

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'Championship or no joy with young talents like Doncic' would be more accurate.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want the status indicator back
    I was Hakeem

alethios, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont know what I'd do if I found out you were Hakeem's burner account. :D

TimDuncanDonaut and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ok boomer

ilovehtownbb, Deuce, alethios and 5 others like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem status was #1
    Because Hakeem means the best

everybody else was Ryan Anderson status

J.R. likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excellent post...

Plowman and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pretty sure I was Jeremy Lin at one point . . . “up and coming” or words to that effect

hakeem94, Patience, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

I think If it were updated for today then it would be Chris Clemons status

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

“Love is the expression of the one who loves, not of the one who is loved. Those who think they can love only the people they prefer do not love at all. Love discovers truths about individuals that others cannot see”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Mazulis likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yes we are going to build our empire one brick at a time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

It goes the other way, too.

Nor shall one postulate if Gordon is expendable by __ after one god damn game.

19. GMNot

GMNot Member

I don't post very often anymore but it's nice to see some of the same names I recognize from years past.

I think it's a valid observation that Harden is a very special offensive talent. But because the game has chanced so much since Wilt Chamberlain's era, I think it becomes somewhat apples and oranges to compare what he's doing with what Wilt Chamberlain did (in the broadcast comments by Murph and Kevin). It's like trying to compare what Sam Snead did with what Tiger Woods has done -- or what Babe Ruth did with what (fill in the blank) has done.

The disconnect for me in the struggles the team has -- more specifically Harden -- is two-fold. Veteran-ship and comments by D'Antoni.

D'Antoni says often, that Harden has seen just about every coverage a player can see and that "he'll figure it out and be able to make the adjustment.:" I don't think any fans here would disagree that Harden has seen every coverage that can be thrown at him. And that is what sets up the disconnect related to being a veteran.

Over the years double-team, pressure defense on Harden has caused him problems. A few years ago when the Rockets faced the Warriors in the WCF, it was pressure defense on Harden that resulted in, like, 8 turnovers that, ultimately, cost them the game going down the stretch.

I didn't watch the whole game last night against the Nuggets, but I did see enough to see that same double-team, pressure defense on Harden and he did seem to struggle with that. That is the scheme that Calvin Murphy says he would use to defend Harden.

So the question / disconnect is: Double-teaming is not complex or new. The team has had to face that defense on Harden over the years and yet there seems to be no "ready" response to it when it happens.

The Rockets do do best when they concentrate on defense and let the offense come from tight defense. But there needs to be a "reliable" scheme for when the defense makes Harden give up the ball via aggressive double-teams.

We could say Gordon and Green missing might be some of that scheme, but I would argue that Westbrook is suppose to be the second head of the two headed monster that is, arguably, the best back court in the NBA, this season. Both Westbrook and Harden are talented enough to demand double-teams. They can't both be double-teamed, easily, during the same possession.

I'll agree with others here who say the Rockets are still a work in progress. But over the last 8 games they showed some real progress in developing a chemistry. On a night when the other team is determined to take the ball out of Harden's hands, Westbrook should be able to "run" the team in the same way that Paul was able to do. That's exactly what Westbrook did in OKC for years. He literally willed that team to win on many nights with his determination to not let them lose. Maybe he doesn't feel like he can do that yet with Harden. But it's going to have to be a baton that he and Harden seamlessly pass between one another for them to live up to the possibility that their pairing is capable of.

This team is mostly veterans. They really should be able to figure out what to do in situations like last night in Denver. Haarden's success may be both a blessing and a curse in that regard. One thing that really needs to be overcome is that as in years passed, as Harden goes, so the team generally goes. They're going to have to figure out some way as a team to not feel "lost" when Harden struggles. They need to really see Westbrook as an equal "leader" for their offense. That's what he was in OKC and he is fully capable of doing that in Houston.

When everyone involved can feel comfortable with a true two-headed monster, then as Westbrook said about the pairing with Harden, "It's gonna be scary -- not for us but for other teams."

(Please realize that I post mostly to engender discussion, not so much to have back and forth with folks, mostly because of my limited vision. Thanks ahead of time for taking that into account.)

Vivi, Little Bit, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We have a great team that just needs better bench depth and better luck with injuries