1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spencer Hawes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Charlotte still trying to move Spencer Hawes contract to clear additional space for a center. Hibbert and Zaza are top of the list.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750068576904765441">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We just have to have senses of humor for the next eight or so seasons I guess.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

is he a <strike>morey</strike> les guy?

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Enough of this 'poor me' attitude Rockets fans. We will at least have a fun and competitive team going forward, more than a lot of teams can say. There are 2, maybe 3 teams (really just 1) who can realistically win a title next year. How tragic that we don't appear to be one of them.

Next year's FA class is crazy. The book is not closed on the Morey-era Rockets.

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

He's fallen off the last couple years but if he can return to his Sacramento/Philadelphia days form (might be a big if) he seems like a MDA guy. A center that can shoot.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Not allowed to point to next year's free agency as reason to hope. We've done it every year and we don't have much to show for it. We are growing more unattractive by the minute and we hurt our cap flexibility by signing guys like Anderson. I'm sorry, I think it's in poor taste to point to next offseason. Delusional really.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Sure, if we're not going to play any defense and we're not going to win anything anyway, might as well score as many points as possible to make it fun.

8. chandlerbang21

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hell no, plz...at least stay away from these scrubs...plz...

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

if can run to the 3pt line and watch harden dribble the ball for most the game hes in. He looks good per scola.

[​IMG]

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think following the Rockets is too much for you. You seem really miserable. Why follow something that gives you so much pain?

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This is how I view it: how do the Rockets become an attractive destination again? By having a good season! If Anderson and Gordon are effective, at the worst we are better than we were last season. Lets get back to being a 4/5 seed and surprise some people this year. Having a fun/competitive season will make us a more attractive destination, and maybe free agents will be attracted to the ridiculous stats are players could put up under D'Antoni. D'Antoni seems to be a lot more popular to players than he is to people on internet message boards.

^ See what that is? Optimism. Maybe not as realistic as being a 'realist', but it sure is a lot more fun. Honestly, I really like this Rockets team. I guess the ultimate goal is to end up like the Warriors, but **** them. I'll take this underdog team. It's what we got, we might as well live with the,.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Very confusing why you r so caring about this team