1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speed the game up(Muddle Huddle)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Sep 22, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This lack of tempo/rhythm is killing our offense. The San Diego and Tennessee game was proof, and it's quite obvious we should do it more often.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Time for the Texans to really just abandon the huddle...unless we have a commanding lead...its time to speed up the game. Gosh this is terrible...first traded touchdowns for FGs(atleast he is making em today) and then getting absolutely zero from special teams coverage...another win for Marciano....smdh

3. tmacfor35

Tire the defense out, let our problem at tackle become neutral and stop letting the defense get set.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The huddle/break is essential for the NFL and Dan Dierdorf's sucky commentating. :cool:

Why do you hate 'Murica? :mad:

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think it's a GREAT idea. But I fear that Coach may disagree on the basis of dominating TOP.

But, I thing it's a great idea.

6. tmacfor35

Our offense is to easy to defend when you give the defense time to set.

I feel like the best offensive teams, are teams that dictate what the defense is going to do(No huddle offense).

The Texans offense just does what the defense gives them 75%of the time. When they quick huddle with weapons like Hopkins,Johnson,Foster,and OD. This offense then becomes elite.

Too bad I see this and the Texans coach doesn't.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think it's something we should use most of the time. There is a downside to doing that, you tire your defense out.

You go out there and sometimes have drives that don't last very long at all. It would be nice to change it up every now and then though, usually the teams that do the no-huddle to score (and not when they need to) just do it every now and then.

8. tmacfor35

Is that a problem when your defense leads the league in 3 and outs?

I think our offense is perfectly capable of being elite like the Broncos who do run that speed up offense most of the game. I know Matt is no Peyton Manning, but Peyton wasn't himself last year and still put up big numbers because he can throw defenses off their game. Matt has the ability, because we see it every game.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Agreed. Schaub seems so much better when he can get in more of a rhythm with up tempo offense. I just hate that we have to have a traditional huddle after every play. It's a momentum killer. If nothing else speed up to the line to try to catch the defense off guard/tired, and if not let the play clock run some to rest the defense.

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

But Kubes can't read the IHOP menu that fast.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That goes against Kubiak's MO. He wants to slow the game down and control the time of possession. So good luck with that.

We normally come out and have good drives to start the games (80 yards, TD vs Titans; 69 yards, longest drive of the game, FG vs Ravens) because Kubes scripts like the first 15 or 20 plays. But things tend to slow down when he has to call the plays on the fly.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Texans are the antithesis of Baylor and Oregon.

The Broncos are killing it. The Pats have killed it for years.

Why is it so got damn hard to understand? Get the play-call in and move the ball.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not that I'm against changing up the offense, but to fling the ball around in the NFL like that you need an elite quarterback or at the very least 3 elite receiving targets. Pats and Broncos have elite quarterbacks.

Put Schaub on NE. They'd be 0-4 right now and they've only played 3 games.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You mean the team that has to call timeout on a two minute drill because they can't get the play in? P-please!

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Those quick no huddle offenses are built on 5-10 yard passes that allows the receiver a chance to add additional yards.

Peyton does not have an elite arm at all anymore...he doesnt laser passes. He throws soft wobblers, but with accuracy.

Schaub has shown that he can handle a shotgun, no huddle offense. He's done it fairly well.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The question is, do you think a guy named kubiak who is predictable, conservative and doesn't have balls would do it..?

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Guys, we can only take what the defense gives us.

You know that....