1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[speculation] James Harden and Chris Paul not close?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Pure speculation: there is something going on here. They are not as close as they were imo. It's understandable that neither of them are playing with the joy they did last season, but I feel like something else is up.

There is no proof or even good evidence. I'm basing this off my totally subjective reading of their general body language. It's not stopping them from being professional and I guess you don't necessarily have to like your teammates.

I'm just wondering: does anybody else sense something is wrong? If something were wrong, what could it be?

2. TheSource

TheSource Member

Chris Paul is regressing, us losing has nothing to do with their friendship.

3. riko

riko Member

WTF harden and Paul are always sitting next to each other and joking. I see nothing there it’s more to do with Ennis continuesly missing threes and the rest of the team that is sucking the life out of the fun. Those two look tight as ever

D-rock, don grahamleone, Amel and 7 others like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Guys if you're focused on the Minny game, there are threads for that. Just wondering if anyone senses these two are more like co-workers than friends these days.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You stop holding hands nonstop after a year.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Whilst I don't necessarily think it's Harden and Paul, there definitely has to be something going on behind the scenes of this team.

You cannot go from where we were last year, to this abysmal. You just can't. We don't have a team of McGrady's who got hit with back spasms in training camp.

I personally believe there's something else going on than just Paul's regression.

BasketMAD, Richie_Rich and kjayp like this.
  7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It's not time yet.....:cool:

8. hakeemthagreat

Clearly waiving Melo was supposed 2 magically make everything better. Or na?

amaru, juanm34 and Houstunna like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So winning cures everything.

Losing and being mediocre does not do a thing.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing wrong.

The first year he was delightful despite his injury is because it was his first year (and contract year) he wanted to make an impression.

And there was also luck that he shot pretty well from long range. He was able to complete most of the regular season games and enough playoff games.

11. T. Will tha Don

Is this a gossip, spill the tea, beauty salon?? This is a grossly ignorant thread...... Speak on facts and not gossip and conspiracy theories smdh.

wesbound and RoyalGuard like this.
  12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really see it, personally. I think the team struggling has a way of bringing lots of stuff to the forefront that might go unnoticed otherwise.

Like for example, James Harden hasn't ever had particularly good body language (which is why so many people rag on him) and he tends to be blank and expressionless which coupled with his beard makes him kind of hard to read.

There are moments, when this team is on a roll, where they seem to be having every bit as much fun as last year, but the problem is that the team isn't rolling enough to be as joyous as I'd like.

But I'm just speculating as well, and perhaps we're both wrong and the team is dealing with a particularly severe bout of meningitis or something. Or mono.

Andy Sheets and ramotadab like this.
  13. gotsis

gotsis Member

Think Cp3 is just finally feeling the impacts of age, so will be more inconsistent and our roster doesn't have the depth to compensate, specially when everyone except Harden are missing shots.

The situation just sucks all around, but don't think it's a chemistry issue like 2015, just a depth and skills issue.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Kind of like your theory that EG is checked out, doesn’t care if his shots go in, etc?

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i don't see it. For me it was super clear when it happened with Dwight, they were literally ignoring each other on the court, James refused to pass the ball to Dwight in the post and Dwight refused to inbound the ball to Harden and to screen for him, they were not even looking at each other...on the other end James and Chris look just like they always did to me.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Winning fixes everything. Them looking like they aren’t having fun isn’t surprising since they’ve been so inconsistent. They person they really need to be mad at is Daryl Morey. He put a trash ass roster together knowing he only has a couple years left of Harden and CP3’s prime.
    I’ve said it before and will say it again!
    Tilman not paying Ariza tells you everything you need to know about him. I’ve worked for Tilman and all I can say is he’s a cheap POS.
    People use the CP and Capela contract as reasons to refute my statement but I can use not signing Ariza (who’s rights you had), LRMM, and trying to replace them with below average players for the cheap as my rebuttal.
    IMO HOU should've never gone after Melo. Trading Anderson should’ve been their only change of the season and of course drafting rookies.
    Our roster should’ve looked a lot like this:

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela

Eric Gordon
    LRMM
    Gerald Green
    Nene
    Brandon Knight
    Marquese Chriss
    Tarik Black
    Zho Qi (G-League)
    Danuel House
    Gary Clark (G-League)
    No reason to have had to alter the roster too much after almost knocking off the champs.
    Adding another scorer and guard would’ve proabably been enough.
    But like I said this Tilman got super cheap and it’s bitting him in the ass now.
    I hope people stop going to games so that he can really feel the consequence to his stupidity.

Little Bit likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

D-rock likes this.
  18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

We’re not winning. End of story.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man folx are stretching

[​IMG]

Rocket River

20. rocketseagles07

Yea.... no. Him and PJ get into it ON the court all the time and that’s his best friend on the team

farhen likes this.