1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spears] Rumor: Harden told MDA during Game 6 we need to dump CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Chris Paul and James Harden were never best friends but they got along fine.

James Harden said it best right after the season ended: "I just want to win."

The initial hope from Harden and the front office was to ADD Butler to Harden and Paul...... at that point James had already known Westbrook wasn't happy. At some point, AFTER the trade Harden confirmed this when he discussed the timing of initially knowing Westbrook was not happy.

At the point it became clear a trade would likely involve Paul for a variety of reasons.

After Butler was no longer a possibility, Westbrook became a more likely scenario but the front office had a very hard time constructing a trade not including Paul.

Harden did not set out to sabotage Paul. They got along fine and even played cards on the plane together and were social in the locker room. The Rockets beat writer verified this as well at a later date.

The person that wanted Paul gone wasn't Morey or Harden....... they both just want to win. The one that REALLY wanted Paul gone at any reasonable cost is the owner that b****ed repeatedly about not wanting to Pay Paul when he is injured all the time.

Was Harden okay with trading Paul for someone that would improve the Rockets? Absolutely..... and he was honest about that when the season ended.

The one stuck in the middle of it all was the GM who is being told to win, but to win doing it the way ownership wants it done, and to not spend any more money.

2. amaru

amaru Member

The team actually has a winning record at the same point in the season and Westbrook still hasn't been integrated fully. Something to be said for knowing a guy will actually suit up most nights.

Plowman, D-rock, KingCheetah and 2 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think that's it. IMO, Harden wasn't willing to do that little bit more to make CP3's transition to a washed state an easy one. CP3 clearly couldn't do what was asked of him ISOing, asked Harden for help, but Harden was cool to watch him die on the court. It wasn't a good look for a leader and that's not what a team should be like who has a singular goal.

Vivi, BaselineFade and J Sizzle like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i lost track of how many times you've had to post this lol

Rocket River, Deuce and Nook like this.
  5. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

As a MAN, I respect Harden if this is true. Sometimes you have to let your ALPHA flag fly.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Most people watching game 6 were saying it

Why shouldn't Harden be able to recognise??

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

u go gurl

justtxyank likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao. you watched a guy drop 27,11,6 on >50% splits and you were like you need to get rid of him?

oh boy. basketball isn't for everyone. bless you

#48 YOLO, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    HP3 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, he just blurts this out during a playoff game in front of the bench... sure thing boss.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

They're working overtime to drag this dude through the mud. I honestly don't understand why he's become a villian.

11. Blurr#7

While CP3 is actually playing well too.

Nook likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's the more likely theory, I think. Regardless of how or when the friction started, it's beyond f%$kng irritating that these two $35M players, both of whom are exceptionally smart when it comes to the sport, couldn't put their heads together and find enough common ground to make it work. That 2017-2018 season was a glimpse at the possibilities, and should have continued. Instead, now we have this year's team, with a more questionable upper limit.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

14. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

tread lightly

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's so irresponsible for Marc Spears to do this.

"Hey guys I have no idea if this is true but let me drag this guy lol"
    "Hey don't @ me bros I said I wasn't sure it was true!!!!"

s3ts, Deuce, Richie_Rich and 7 others like this.
  16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Well, that makes a lot of sense.

Kind of brings closure to the trade.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

For all the stupid Harden criticism that is out there, I do believe this is one of the few that is accurate.

He wants to win, but he wanted to win on his own terms more than just by simply winning. And now he wants to win with his best buddy, except the fact that he has hurt the team by doing so.

He cannot say he is all about winning if he does not take necessary steps to do so.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He probably has it on a Word doc that he keeps open.

CTRL + V

19. Blurr#7

If CP3 plays at his 2017 level this never happens. I still don't get the "Harden needs to adjust to X player" Damn that, he adjusted just fine before CP3 went full cripple. Then CP3 comes back after Harden literally carried G leaguers to the playoffs and wants James to do more?! I'm not sure what "steps" Harden could take to win more, in the end CP3 and Westbrook gotta carry their weight as well.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Out of the game or out of here, dont blame him if the guy wants to win since cp3 is washed up, not saying that we will win with wb but still we ain't winning **** with cp3 either.

Blurr#7 likes this.