1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Speaking of "Eddie for Three!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Joe, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

What's Eddie Johnson up to these days? Maybe the rockets could add his as a three point shooting coach. Its been said that Morris doesn't get good rotation on his shot..Eddie might be able to fix this.

Who taught Horry how to shoot? I vaguely remember him not being a three point shooter his first half season with the rockets.

2. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I believe EJ is an announcer for the Suns. I saw him at one of the games last year when Calvin and Bill weren't the announcers.

3. Jaybird

Jaybird Member

Joe Joe, you're right about Morris. He's off and on as a shooter, and despite the 3 point numbers he's posting right now. I don't think he'll be able to maintain that percentage durring the year without some help.

His senior year is a prime example, where he lost confidence in his shot and wouldn't concentrate on the shot and his mechanics. He can be dead on, or way off with his shooting. The one thing I hope happens is that Glen Rice or someone else works with Morris and gets him a little more consistent with the way he shoots his shots.