1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Spanoulis wins Europe

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2012.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone who thinks V-Span was a failure in the NBA is a "Jeff Van Gundy apologist"?

You should understand that repeating something over and over won't make it true nor will it change anyone else's mind. I guess it makes you feel better.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

THE IRONY IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

:eek::grin::rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocket Booster

More LIES from van Gundy apologists. He was told he would not play no matter what he did the first day he got to Houston.

He was NOT told that he had to "earn playing time". That's a lie made up by Van Gundy lovers.

4. Rocket Booster

That's funny, because Team USA coaches said he was the most competitive player in the world.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is beyond pathetic at this point. Give it a rest dude

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So why did he quit after struggling with ONE coach for ONE year? You can be competitive in practice/games, but if you drop your dream of playing in the NBA after one season where you had beef with one coach, you seem like a spoiled and unmotivated bum to me, no matter how much energy you invest into games. JVG got fired, the new coach wanted him, same with Pop. He blew the opportunity of a lifetime because of trust issues? Sounds like complete BS to me, lost my respect for him. He probably went back to Europe because he had star status there and could take the easier path.

7. Rocket Booster

It's just pathetic how people here keep saying "Spanoulis can't shoot"........

Yeah, sure.

This guy is dropping insanely difficult 3 pointers, with hands in face from every angle, every distance, against every type of defense and defender, off the dribble, catch and shoot, on the move, feet set, fading away, falling away, buzzer beaters, going left, going right, very high elevation on the jump shot, very quick release, you name it..............

One of the best 3 point shooters on the entire planet with EASE.

There is an unreal amount of BS in this thread.

Spanoulis is a GREAT shooter and here is the proof:

[youtube]bD9zdLVYXvE[/youtube]

The Spanoulis clutchfans haters are all pathological liars. That is an ELITE shooter.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That baby on the Kimmel show sure can shoot when he's not on an NBA floor too.

Maybe Titus should blame Van Gundy for his lack of NBA stardom.

But I would advise him not to hire you for his PR campaign.
    [​IMG]

9. Rocket Booster

Yeah, because in the NBA, most of the 3 point shots are wide open, and not with a hand in your face like in Euroleague.

NBA teams usually don't even bother to play defense until the 4th quarter of a game, if even that.

Clearly, you have never seen an NBA game even once in your entire life.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Hmm.

V-SPAN 2012-13 3pt% (Euro threes, not NBA distance): 32.1%
    V-SPAN NBA "career" 3pt%: 17.2%

I don't know how we missed it. This guy is like the second coming of Larry Bird.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, that would be as wrong as you could possibly be, but that seems to fit a pattern of yours.

Now, it's true I have not taken in a lot of barn ball. My associates tell me it is... deficient. Subpar, if you will. Junior varsity, perhaps.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL just found this thread again. Comedy gold.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one on this page used the word "shoot" and you dodged various comments, way to go. Guess you can't face the truth.

14. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

lmao just rediscovered this thread once again, literally have not read anything but the last few replies. ohmss, it cant be is that you?!

15. basketballholic

Yeah, the Euros are all stupidos voting him MVP. :rolleyes:

16. basketballholic

Keep analyzing shooting percentages instead of W's. Brilliant.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

The claims were great shooter and elite shooter. How do you figure wins is a better metric to measure shooting than shooting percentage?

18. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You're trying to narrow it down to ONE THING. Where its 1 or the other. But its 2 MATTERS here.

Yes, Jeff Van Gundy isnt the best "relationships" coach. He's not called "Van Grumpy" for NOTHING. AND Yes Spanoulis still didnt have the drive necessary to overcome. Maybe Van Gundy is the impetus, but its still on Spanoulis to perservere.

This article confirms he still said NO even after great NBA coaches wanted him. Because like you, he couldn't handle rejection and choose to mope and HOLD a grudge FOREVER

AND YES ATTITUDE DOES COUNT toward BAD PRODUCTION. If Jeremy Lin was turning the ball over too much and missing too many shots cuz he was secretly mad at his coach, no one would CARE - they'd just say "HE SUCKS".

(What if Jeff Gundy had some past bad experiences with Euros before and it came out in his treatment of Spanoulis?) You'd say VAN GUNDY SUCKS.
    But you're including Van Gundy's ATTITUDE into his lack of coaching productivity.
    And EXCLUDING Spanoulis's own attitude. Can't have it both ways.

The answer is Van Gundy sucked. AND Spanoulis did too.

Its VERY MUCH known that Bonzi Wells HATED VAN GUNDY and had many clashes. And even BONZI BONEHEAD freaking WELLS came back to play again under Rick Adelman after being basically KICKED OFF the team! Bonzi had MORE FORTITUDE and CHARACTER than Spanoulis?

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Now we know you're just making stuff up. Its not even a debate anymore.

You're saying Spanoulis is on the same class of shooting as Drazen Petrovic, Oscar Schmidt, Trajon Langdon, all the other "best shooters on the planet"? Really? You mean side by side, Spanoulis is as good as Steph Curry shooting shots?

Spanoulis is like Baron Davis, without the elite athleticism and bounce. Baron Davis SHOOTS them from anywhere on the court and can make a few shots when defended, but he's a "gunner" and not a true "SHOOTER". Plenty shots are clanking off the rim. Similarly Spanoulis does not have a pure shot release.

(Though I did like the sideline reaction @1:55 of that vid after a Spanoulis shot)