1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanish team's controversial photo together

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by devin23, Aug 11, 2008.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

That was a really stupid move

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought they were sticking their middle fingers in the air.

4. snc

snc Member

Anyone who gets offended by this needs to get a grip.

5. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

why? its completely insensitive. if the olympics were held in israel and they all wore prosthetic noses, people would flip. or beards and turbans somewhere in the middle east. or black paint in africa.

but somehow because its an asian ethnicity, this is all in good fun? might as well bring mickey rooney back for some more yellowface.

6. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

It's a fun picture who cares, I just think they are just having a joke I don't take offense and I'm Asian I even joke about my race and I get called a "smudge" of the Asian race by this uptight guy its I don't care neither should people care about the picture it's the 21 century get used to it just watch some Comedians like:Chris Rock,Russell Peters,etc.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so if they walked up to you and called you "slant eye" you wouldn't be offended?

8. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

I wouldn't be but I would have something to say to them that would make it even.

9. snc

snc Member

Because it's completely harmless. There is no negative implications there at all. There's a lot of things more worthy to cry about. I don't think your comparisons are very fair, either.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Bigger schlong?

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Thats Racist. i'm not chineese, but even i'm offended. what a disgracefull thing for them to do.

12. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Well the Spanish team better get ready for some good old fashing chinese booing when they play their games.

13. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

You are a moron. If you are really that ignorant, let me tell you 'slant eye' is racist and used to mock the Asians. What these r****ds had done is nothing different from the morons in the Italian soccer league who mocked the black soccer players with the "monkey" grunts. Would you also say there is no negative implications with the "monkey" grunts? You owe everyone here a more intelligent rebuttal then your last two garbage posts in this thread.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

What's wrong with slant eye? I've never even heard of that term.

It's all in good fun, but I guess everyone has to be overly careful with what they say or do. I have chinky eyes and if somebody were to call me slant eye I'd be like, 'nice observation, captain obvious!' Seriously though, is it a derogatory term or something in the states?

15. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

It is if you think it is when you take offense it just makes people want to say it for it to get to you.

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Meh, whatever. It seems like everything nowadays is taken as an insult.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ban the entire country from all Olympic events next time around. Thats a friggn joke.

18. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

More reason to hate the choke artist gasol and the fakers.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah man, that paraplegic shouldn't take it too seriously when someone calls him a r****d...

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If they were in Africa and did a "fat lip" pressing their lips forward with their fingers, they'd get lambasted