1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Southwest sees speaking Arabic as a threat - kicks man off flight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh so what kind of problem? If someone says "Jesus Christ" and "Oklahoma City" and "Fertilizing their Lawn" I am going to report them as making threatening statements. If that makes me a bigot like BobbytheLowLife then clearly you have no clue what satire is.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Drones aren't murder by precision. They are murder by geography. That geography just happens to be very Muslim-majority.

Wait until the United States government has "just cause" and a "national security interest" to look into what is happening in Bangladesh before you worry about your mom getting kicked out of Southwest.

#82 Northside Storm, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

That doesn't sound threatening to me. Does it sound threatening to you?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness, his "Sweet Lou" persona isn't very intelligent, I'm hoping his next one will be.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You can fake being dumb if you are intelligent...the other way around doesn't really work. "Sweet Lou" is proof of that. He tries and tries and tries...and is still a dumbass.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

not a bad idea, great decision indeed , who does't want you to voluntarily shut up

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

that's what people around you might say on funeral day lol , may God or someone bless his soul , he was an idiots but we applauded his effort to over comes his challenge even when it came short.. sniff , you might get this treat spread over the grave as a good-goy too

[​IMG]

8. Buck Turgidson

Unfortunately I know a little about this.

Doesn't matter why, or what you did, an airline will not let you fly that same day if you have already been denied "for cause" passage on one of their flights. It's up to other airlines to accommodate you if they so choose, or for any of them to pay for your overnight hotel while things get sorted out.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Is this a coping mechanism for a lack of debate skills or just your inner demons at work?

The issue would still be relevant if you made such a claim. And no on cares about your prejudices either.

10. Cohete Rojo

Sorry that you think something that is totally relevant is also stupid. My recommendation is to listen to your coworkers when they tell you NOT to grab the heat lamp with you bare hands when it is on.

11. Northside Storm

Yeah, I still think it's a really stupid hypothetical fraught with biases, and that's probably tainted by the fact I think this whole thread topic is dumb to some extent. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD MY SAME FLAWED REASONING? lollllllll.

Something can be relevant and stupid, especially if the underlying matter to which it is relevant is the latter.

but now you're being off-topic too. relax, honey, I've got the heat lamps on lockdown.

12. Cohete Rojo

Hypothetical? Off topic? This is the situation that occurred in the story we are discussing. The situation I laid out is exactly what the "victim" claimed happened.

Now what do you do in the situation that you are a member of the flight crew? Whether you are the steward or the pilot. Do try not to burn yourself this time.

13. Northside Storm

wow, arguing with you is like arguing with a table in some respects.

Let me spell this out for you as clearly and as plainly for you as possible since you seem to need it:

1) Your constant need to demonstrate your own cognitive biases to contrive vapid leaning hypotheticals is stupid but relevant to the thread. That's part of the reason why this whole thread topic, as constructed, is f**ked. It's a cavalcade of irrational thoughts justifying other irrational thoughts over a topic of near-zero importance.

2) You talking about me and my beloved heat lamps has nothing at all to do with the topic besides showing that you need to e-penis over careers :)confused::confused::confused:) (which I would assume then amounts to you not having much tbh if you have that need).

When you do 1, you are being stupid and on-topic.

When you do 2, you are being stupid and off-topic.

Is that clearer?

I already told you what I'd do as a "pilot" or a "steward", question a fundamental flaw in your thinking, but apparently that's not good enough :/

14. g1184

g1184 Member

What do you think the guy said that got him kicked off the plane?

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

ATW comes into the thread guns blazing ready to chalk everything up as a conspiracy. Southwest's official statement (ignore that the big corporation with the high paid lawyers will always be able to absolve blame) is the gospel.

The clock boy was the one at fault.
    This guy is the one at fault.

Clearly free of bias.

Amazing.

1 person likes this.
  16. Cohete Rojo

You think airplane security protocols are stupid, but you cannot explain why. What does it say about you that you cannot answer such a relevant hypothetical question?

Go ahead and answer the hypothetical. Don't wimp out Northside, show your true colors.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No clue what he said specifically, but an Arabic speaker heard what they thought to be a concerning conversation and they said something about it. Maybe everything he said was completely innocent and the person just overreacted or misheard the things he said, maybe the guy was trying to cause a scene that he could talk and write about.

I wasn't there, and I don't speak Arabic, so I couldn't tell you for sure but I can tell you that I don't think what happened was some kind of travesty. I think they have to take reports like that seriously, and they acted quickly and decisively.

There's just some ways you can't act without causing the public to worry. If some weird looking white kid wore a trench coat to school tomorrow (the anniversary of Columbine) then they might have some questions to answer and probably won't be able to just go to class like normal. That's just life.

18. Northside Storm

I answered it:

"Hello, where is the f**king dumbass who is planning an active terrorist plot on a cellphone in an airplane, I need to Snapchat this s**t."

LET ME CLARIFY FOR YOU

*in a VERY SARCASTIC tone*

"martyr", "UN", and "insha allah". plz don't shoot me, avowed terrorist of Arabic words.

أنا أكره الشهداء على ان

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha, so you wouldn't take the report seriously and you'd just be a dick about it. Like you said, it's why you don't have that job or any job where you have to take things seriously and are responsible for the safety or well being of others.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should start a whiny thread in the feedback forum about me.