1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Sealed indictment against trump basis of impeachment.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Spooner, May 13, 2017.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

This guy has broken numerous stories that all turned out to be true. He broke the two grand jury story on Russia which was reported two days after he broke the news. He reported yesterday that the FBI had warrants to search a building in investigation. Annapolis GOP fundraising firm was raided by FBI today. Previous white house aid ftwiw.

PLACE YOUR BETS BOYZ!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I will believe it when I see it.

Nook likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So how is it that a FISA court would be issuing this indictment? Would have to be based on the FBI's investigation I would assume right? I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough on fed law to know what this would theoretically mean and what happened to lead to this point.

If that's the case though it would make Trumps recent behavior explainable to be acting either with that much desperation or that much lust for power. Those are really the only two explanations for his behavior. I thought it was lust for power but I guess if this is true it will prove me wrong.

I won't hold my breath. The more likely case is that this is an indictment of Michael Flynn. Not Trump and this source is just hearing that there is an indictment coming and assumptions are being made. I'd be pretty shocked if Flynn isn't indicted in the next couple months for sure. Trump.... I doubt it. He will have to be brought up on charges first and then you need Paul Ryan to grow a pair which he will never do that cowardly POS.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll wait until more comes out on this. Definitely interesting stuff.

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

I had the same question regarding FISA. This is what mensch had to say. (not sure if I trust her as much as Taylor but you never know. They seem to be teaming up and if this is false it would be the end of them I think)

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll believe it when I see it. It's well deserved, if true. The man is unstable and a danger to the Republic, in my opinion.

7. dobro1229

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

"Sources WITH LINKS" to intelligence tells me that this is 3rd hand or maybe 4th hand knowledge.

So, if this is true, then it would seem to be similar to the Bill Clinton impeachment where even though he committed a crime (perjury in that case), he had to be impeached and removed from office to be prosecuted. Bill got impeached by an OPPOSITION House, and ultimately they didn't get the 2/3 vote to remove him. I believe even with a crime committed, if the House didn't want to, they still don't have to impeach the president right?

In Trumps case with a sycophant House, Senate, DOJ, and soon to be FBI director, I don't really see pressure being put on them to impeach Trump regardless of what he did & can be proven by the FBI. It would have to be really really bad, and I'm sure the House knows if this is happening or not and already has a decision made.

If the sycophant House actually is going to do this they better move quick to get Pence in action ASAP because they know the clock is ticking fast to get the tax cuts for the wealthy rolled out before they potentially lose the House in 2018. Thats why you've heard Ryan, and McConnell defiant about defending Trump. Their number one goal in life is to get those tax cuts for the wealthy. Trump drama and potential impeachment puts all of that on hold until potentially 2018 when their political futures are at risk. That's why I just don't see Ryan under any circumstances impeaching Trump until they get ACA repealed and the new Tax bill passed through the House and Senate. There is nothing more important to him... especially not the GDamn country and patriotic duty. That went out the window when he was doing keg stands in college and had dreams of taking healthcare away from millions.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I hope they nail his ass to the wall.

edwardc likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Nothing sticks to this dude though.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL when wishful thinking becomes the news. SMH

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Just imagine a unified Republican Congress and a Pence presidency. At least we wont have to hear about Russia and pointless walls. Just Pence and a war with his ultra conservative beliefs against abortion and gay rights.

Nook likes this.
  12. dobro1229

Had a feeling you'd come in here and say something like this "stupid liberals" statement. Keep in mind pretty much everyone to this point has had "believe it when I see it".

These two ,Im guessing, former staffers getting likely 3rd or 4th hand info are putting whatever credibility they have on this so its on those two. The difference in the majority of Dems and most of the far right Trump fans is that if this was on the other foot, it would be talked about nonstop on Fox News, on the head ticker of Breitbart, and discussed as fact like all of the other 1000 Clinton rumors that were never proven true were treated as facts with the far right. The right got one tiny quote for their agenda from someone named Evelyn Farkas that nobody had heard of and used it as a talking point for weeks. I can only imagine what they would do with this allegation if the shoe was on the other foot.

Obviously this is worth a discussion since it educates us hopefully on the role of the FISA court, and allows for some perspective & educated hypothesizing. But please don't come here trying to mock "the proverbial Liberal They" in the fact that talking about a rumor means they are treating it as fact.

For the record I actually hope that he doesn't get impeached and removed for committing a crime and the only thing that happens is checks and balances start happening to conceal Trump's lust for unlimited power, and the Dems beat him in 18 and 2020 where it shows that the US has awoken from their laziness with our politics and actually start to care about preserving Democracy. Trump getting impeached and prosecuted before 200 days in office creates massive instability in the our countries place in the world, and will still leave the Trump fans feeling like they are victims to the "Liberal powers" in the country. Rather than "The people" by a wide majority showing that this isn't what the country is going to stand up for. (soap box I know, but I want to get that on the record that Impeachment isn't what I sit here everyday and hope for).

#12 dobro1229, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What are a few examples of stories they broke that turned out to be true? Any false ones?

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Trump is a piece of trash and a disgrace to our country. I despise him as much as anyone.

However, I'm concerned impeachment could turn him into a martyr and permanently rip our nation apart.

Nook likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Notice the date on that. News outlets first reported on it 10 days later.

On the 11th. Notice the times.

It was confirmed by news outlets well after his tweet. I cannot find a tweet or news article before he broke the story.

I'm not saying the two of them are right about this. Like many here I will wait and see. I'm also sure its possible he's mis-tweeted some things in the past. I'm not sure to be honest. However he seems to be killing it at the moment and both of them are high up enough to have some connections. Also people with their resume and stature better be sure before tweeting something like this. It could very well be the end of both of their credibility if it turns out to be fake. Lets just wait and see.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Regardless of your political ideology, I'm surprised people are still naive enough to believe a tweet that has zero backing otherwise.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Member

I find it ironic that for all your lobbying in the name of "free speech" you are routinely reduced to catch phrases

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The rich and their loyal pets want their tax breaks first.

That's something he's qualified at accomplishing.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I don't believe we will ever see a President Pence... I also don't think Pence would be any more impactful than Gerald Ford was...