1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets trying to get PJ Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

If this would happen i would extend morey on the spot, but get a better draft evaluator ffs. But if he can get rid of tjones, brwer and lawson all in one swoop, while retaining a troubled but talented player and hard nosed player which seems like what we need in our team, then this deadline would be a huge win

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

If we get Tucker, he might budge but I doubt it. Dwight will stay or go somewhere unexpected

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yes your crazy LOL.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah right lol

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He would be the physical presence this team really needs...and he would totally make Harden play better. Plays tenacious defense against wings...and would be a very nice pick up for the Rockets...

6. basketballholic

That indicates he's apparently uncomfortable with non-guaranteeing his deal.

Which tells you everything you need to know about how he feels about the direction of his own career and his pending court case. Markieff ideally wants to be traded away and keep his guarantee. The question has been which he values more...would he be willing to non-guarantee to get out of PHX or will he keep his guarantee even if it means staying in PHX. What we don't know at this point is whether or not he's bluffing.

But the bottom line for us is....if he isn't willing to non-guarantee his deal then he isn't worth trading for. A player that was confident of their ability outperform their contract and earn a larger deal wouldn't mind non-guaranteeing their deal to get out of a bad environment, even if it meant their imminent release as soon as the season was over. They'd be happy to go to a playoff contender, show their skill sets, and then deal with their release and negotiate a new contract for probably more money. If Markieff isn't willing to do that...then it shows you where he's at. And we won't deal for him. Plain and simple.

We're having trouble getting traction on a trade for Brewer. No way are we going to take on 3 more years of Markieff's deal when Markieff has had significantly more difficult issues in PHX than simply Brewer's poor on-court performance here.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That actually would make the Cavs interesting again

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno, I think Morey strikes out this time and the Rockets get stuck with him. Hope I'm wrong.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we trade Ariza or Brew Tucker will be an excellent replacement. Really like Tucker, he's basically a 6'6 forward version of Beverley.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Yes agreed. Except that one of the major reasons the Phoenix environment is bad...is Morris himself.

And probably looks at how it turned out for Lawson and prefers his money.
    I don't blame him..since he wants to choke teammates on the bench that's the safest path to the $.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Trade Ariza for Tucker? No, Ariza is far better than Tucker.

12. ibm

ibm Member

ASSUME we get love somehow by trading dwight + ariza, and trade tucker as a supplement... how should we feel about that?

13. Garner

Garner Member

They would have to move mozgov as well

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not sure about the Love part but seeing how Tucker skillset is very similar to Ariza's and "Brewer's" I could imagine he would be a replacement for either one of those players (most likely Ariza) if they are packaged in another trade

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think it's interesting because by getting rid of Ariza in a trade for Love, I think if we can somehow dump Brewer we can get close to maxing Kevin Durant.

Durant/Harden/Love are all about the same age. It would be interesting if that were Morey's ultimate goal.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Brewer and Jones for Tucker and Telo (Possible)

Then add Ariza in the Howard for Love and Mozgov deal. (Improbable)

Lawson for Burke and whatever to match salaries (Probable)

Bev / Burke
    Harden / Thornton
    Tucker / McDaniels / Telo
    Love / Dmo / Harrell
    Capela / Mozgov

17. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

The Timberwolves got Wiggins and Anthony Bennett for Kevin Love. I would assume Dwight's value is ~ a mid first round pick plus a rotation player on an expiring deal. I would peg Ariza as being ~ a mid first round pick. If I'm Cleveland I have to very strongly consider doing Dwight + Ariza for Love. And if I'm Houston, I strongly consider adding a future pick, Capela, or taking on extra salary from Cleveland (Varejao).

18. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Phoenix is supposedly trying to clear payroll and anyone is up for grabs...

Why not try to snatch Bledsoe for Lawson's expiring deal?

Maybe
    Lawson+Brewer+Jones for Bledsoe+Tucker+Len

19. malakas

malakas Member

how should we feel about that?

Paranoid that someone put hallucinogens in our coffee.

20. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Brewer was playing for a new contract last year. Now that he has it it seems like he is coasting till next contract year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.