1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking at Wilson Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 16, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Still holding out hope for chandler.

Hoping deal for Williams is expanded to 2-4 teams.

Rich get richer

Bye Ariza

2. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Lou Williams is taking his physical now according to Calvin Watkins, so for those who thought the deal may be bigger, it doesn't seem to be that way. In terms of other moves, I still think KJ is being shopped and Morey is trying whatever he can to improve this team trading KJ and picks. Is Wilson Chandler still an option? I may be setting high expectations, but what does OKC/LAC have to give that is better than what Morey can give? From what I saw, OKC doesn't have a 1st rounder they can trade until 2022. Obviously Denver isn't forced to trade Chandler, but if he truly is unhappy and they want to find him a new home, there is a slight chance in my opinion that Chandler could end up here... Maybe that's just me being too optimistic. We'll see.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The issue with Wilson Chandler any player of his ilk is that we no longer have the salaries to really make that work.

ARA71197 likes this.
  4. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Can be done by expanding the Lou Williams deal into a 3 teamer.

Could be built around KJ + Ennis + Wiltjer + Picks

Houston Out: Brewer + KJ + Ennis + Wiltjer + 17 1st + whatever pick(s) you need to get Denver to agree (maybe just one of our 2 17 2nds)
    Houston In: Lou Williams + Wilson Chandler

Wilson Chandler can be had. He's older than their young core. He's on the books for 3 more seasons. By moving him, the Nuggets open up cap room for a max free agent this summer (or close enough to it that they can get there with minor moves). They would not be able to do that as currently constructed.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, aware of this.

However, Lou Williams is taking his physical (probably done by now actually) so that deal appears to be done. Not sure it can still be expanded after physicals as I'm pretty sure physicals come after the trade call with the league.

6. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Apparently Brewer's physical is tomorrow, so deal won't be official until both players pass their physicals. I think that is how it works, but yes, expanding that deal is unlikely.

7. mockster

mockster Member

I don't get the article as for chandler trade?.

I know ariza isn't the same and is streaky but he feels more valuable then we think. His defense is decent

8. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

ariza is valuable to this team. i am not confident chandler should take his role.

seeingred and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  9. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

One less team to worry about

HakeemOnlyFan and DonKnock like this.
  10. bigred77

bigred77 Member

I won't pretend to know the official (or customary) order of operations on these trades but I would be downright shocked if Morey didn't retain the option to expand this deal into a larger 3 teamer until the deadline tomorrow.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well i am. hes so much better than ariza.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Really like the idea of Chandler at this point. So much flexibility, both on the court and trade market.

13. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

14. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Hell no! you want to get rid of dekker and capela, in return for a center on an expiring contract??

jonasXV and justtxyank like this.
  15. today

today Contributing Member

I hope we shipped Brewer in a bunch of bubble wrap!

LOL, during the games I always yelled at Brewer to pass, and I'm doing the same thing with this physical ;)

amaru, valorita and DonKnock like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wilson would be a nice addition, but man, I hate the thought of having to look at that creepy baby tattoo every damn game.

Jayzers_100 and RocketsTerps like this.
  17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Please no. Ariza fits nicely on this team. Don't see Chandler as an upgrade.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Wilson Chandler is head and shoulders a better fit on this team. And he is a better overall player.

If the trade isn't expanded. Then I hope Ariza and KJ and 2nd rounders are shipped out for him.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Look at post 758

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This Wilson Chandler person can develop into and or counter Draymond Green I heard. If I'm wrong, what is the fascination?