1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

You might be right. I read quite a bit though, daily, probably more than is good for me and I don't get that vibe. I usually like his takes.

More than anything though I appreciate the civility in his responses. Egomaniac or not, I'm just calling it like I see it.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Can we call him _opat?

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Oh no. Life ruined for dobro1229. On suicide watch. :(

4. basketballholic

Where did I claim the Griz wanted no part of him?? Where do you come up with this stuff?

What I said was the Griz wanted to trade Zach and bring in Pau. They wanted to "dump" Zach so they could get Pau. The Griz were (and are) over the cap. The only way they could've traded for Pau last season would have been to trade Zach. Lakers didn't want to deal with Zach. So MEM went looking for other teams to try and generate a 3-way trade. When they couldn't get it done.............the next best thing was for them to get an extension done with Zach rather than let him hit the free agent market and walk or have to overpay him even more than the $36 million they gave him to keep him. And they knew (or believed) that they didn't have enough cap space to get Pau in free agency this summer if they let Zach walk. (Pau did sign an artificially low contract with the Bulls.)

When MEM realized they couldn't get a trade done for Pau they didn't want to lose Zach for nothing or overpay him in free agency. So, they got an extension done with him.

And now...they'd like to try to trade him for some youth because they think he's going downhill and they want to get some value for him before his contract turns into a boat anchor. And they want to up Marc's usage.

I don't know if they'll trade Zach. I really suspect they'll have a difficult time moving him. After all, they couldn't give him away at the deadline. Now he's owed $36 million. I think they are likely stuck with him.

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I hope he's trolling because otherwise I feel sorry for him.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm normally just having fun with you, but wait a minute...

Are you really denying now that you claimed the Grizzlies were pretending to negotiate with Zach Randolph so that he'd opt out of his deal and that they could let him simply walk away in free agent?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9038828&postcount=4

D-rock likes this.
  7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

im gonna estimate basketballhollic was born in 1966 or 1967

8. basketballholic

No, not denying that at all. That was in June, not at the deadline. They were trying to deal Zach at the deadline.

9. justtxyank

I don't get you sometimes man. You talk in circles better than the "fixed polls" guy from the last presidential election.

10. htownrocketman

That's what people in denial do.. They ignore people that are trying to talk sense to them. It's OK, this dude bbholic is like the guy that doesn't know his chick wants him anymore.. What a failure of a supposedly knowledgeable person. Dude needs to find him another chick with the quickness! Or another dude, whatever he's into..

11. basketballholic

Consider the time and circumstances justtxyank. The trade deadline is not the same as June 25th after the season is over and teams are heading into the draft and free agency.

12. justtxyank

Come on man.

On June 25th you claimed the Grizzlies were trying to piss Randolph off so that he would opt out because what they really wanted was him gone so they could go get Gasol.

On June 27th (two whole days later) the Grizzlies signed Randolph to an extension.

What are the time and circumstances factors that I'm missing that will make your theory that the Grizzlies didn't want to keep Randolph correct?

D-rock likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Yes, that was the case. They couldn't get him to opt out.

14. justtxyank

You've got to be kidding me.

1 person likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm so upset I think I need to leave work early. Actually I see alot of poor souls here that should really do the same.

16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

He's not a quality player. He sucks. Especially for the amount of money he'll try to command.

17. basketballholic

Explain that to Morey. Morey loves him. And Morey is the GM of the Houston Rockets.

18. basketballholic

No, I'm not. That's the reason they couldn't trade him at the deadline. He had a player option and teams like Philly (and the Lakers) didn't want to be stuck with him on their cap this season.

19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

LMAO This is pure comedy now.

D-rock likes this.
  20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.