1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ThaShark316_28

I presume they know that. That being said, CP25 is one of them. Lets say BOS doesn't need to take Parsons; I'd guess that they'd STILL have questions about how Rondo would act around their fun/we are family-like atmosphere. Would he embrace the laughing and joking, or would he be a recluse.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Isn't Garcia like that though?

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He post news, he doesn't read palms. LOL

4. Play07

Play07 Member

People loving parsons won't stop KD from banking on floors in TC, talking smack to mchale & bench, telling jones "get off me B%#, and his defense won't stop DURANT drops 40

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ok I am HIGHLY skeptical a Rondo trade will go down or even come to fruition with Houston. It seems it would be to forced at this point for it to even happen. As much as 'insiders' and media have hinted at dangling Parsons, I can't see Morey pulling that trigger...at least not by 2pm tomorrow. (Parsons means to much to this team ATM, great relationship with the coach, a RFA where we essentially control his destiny, the best contract in the NBA, Les doesn't want another Linsanity type situation, and plus his daughter loves him. :))

But IF Houston & Boston have contacted and have inquired about a Rondo for Parsons + fillers, you know good ol Daryl will thoroughly entertain the notion and get his staff to run the numbers.

IF in the perfect world the trade goes down and were able to say get Loul Deng (like insiders have hinted at) to replace a departing Parsons. I personally feel that would screw our offensive spacing terribly and potentially damage our offensive for the rest of the season going into the playoffs.

I know defense wins championships but when you have a offense that can score at will on most occasions...that is nothing to play with.

All in all though I doubt a Rondo trade happens...but I wouldn't be shocked b/c it's Daryl ****in Morey & if i recall correctly he has made a deal the past 6 deadlines...so we can at least expect a move (whether its minor or significant to our team)

[​IMG]

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what type of question is that?

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

NBA circles talk amongst each other...Im sure that Harden and Howard gave a call to Pierce and Garnett just for more info...

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES PLEASE....

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

A good one.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Damn those chuckleheads. Rondo-level talents don't grow on trees! If you want to chase a title, you don't get to restrict your teammates to only guys who laugh at your jokes and tolerate your farting in the locker room. It's show business, not show friends.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets' fun, laid-back attitude may be appealing to the guys on our team, but do they have that edge to compete with the true contenders in the post season? Despite his shooting deficiencies and pissed-off demeanor, Rondo is still a big-game performer.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You didn't know? CyberX reads palms.

14. Doktor Mndbndr

I knew a dude like Rondo in high school. This guy was one deformed ugly mofo, and he knew if he didn't make it big in his field, he wasn't gonna be chit in life. So he went all out.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Garcia is the cool guy all his teammates love

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I was kidding sir.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

this is bs. they dont want him here because they know he would get on there asses. i hate laziness man.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Damn :(

Maybe they can rub off on each other....rondo loosens up and everyone else gets a bit more serious

19. boondoggle

boondoggle Member

Dwight is probably more sensitive to it because of the Kobe nightmare, but whereas Kobe will get in your face and hound you, Rondo is more of a brood and glare guy.

20. Illegal Machine

[​IMG]