1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Raz

Raz Member

Can't give up Tucker. He's our answer to Golden State's small ball lineup around Draymond. A package including Gordon and a 2019 1st shouldn't even be a question though.

clutchdabear, HP3, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Actually he'd be the number 2 option because Paul is not going to play starters minutes anymore. Morey already said that.
    They are reducing his role and giving him off days. In Phili Embiid and Simmons are going to get the majority of minutes so no he won't be the first option, he won't even have the ball in his hands in Phili

3. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I might be in the minority, but part of me would rather give up Tucker/Gordon, that way we still have a pick to attach to brandon knight's contract to pick up someone else midseason. It'd be nuts if Morey pulled that off because then all of sudden the team on the fly is pretty much completely different except for the "big 3. "

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

People are overrating the hell out of Tucker. I'd take an all star over an overrated 33 year old role player any day. And you're an idiot if you say otherwise.

6. izeroi

izeroi Member

Exciting news but would hate to give up both EG and PJ. Just seems like it's too much to throw in.

Like others have said, it would be nice to do EG/Nene/Picks but I don't know if that would get it done.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We not beating GS with current squad.. Applaud morey for constantly trying to get better and bringing proven stars here

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

Is it just me?

EG > JB

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Absolutely not.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I have a hard time believing that the Celtics would trade their young players and picks for Butler. They’re already the favorites in the east and have a very bright future even if Kyrie leaves.
    Philly has a ton of picks but I don’t see a player they could trade that’s a better fit for Minny. An extension has to look pretty appealing to Gordon and Minny has a great shot at retaining him. Philly isn’t trading Simmons for Butler.
    Toronto is a dark horse. I could see them offering Lowery and picks but does that fit better than Gordon?
    I think the Rockets have a pretty good chance here. Gordon is a direct replacement for Minny. They can retain a veteran presence who can score in bunches and isn’t a complete liability on defense. Hopefully the Rockets don’t have to include PJ. I think losing him would be a huge blow.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 is still going to play starter minutes. He is not playing less than 24 minutes a game. That's not happening. Is he going to get more rest games off? Yes but when he is playing, hell be averaging/playing closer to 30 mins a game rather than 24 or less. That of course is assuming games aren't blowouts.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think that's the actual argument--all star vs. "overrated" 33 year old role player. The argument is all star vs. "overrated" 33 year old role player AND our best 3 point shooter / 6th man.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely just you. the only thing you could really say EG has somewhat of an edge over JB is 3 pt shooting and even then its just barely. Every other facet of the game, JB is just a much better player.

Chanmarr and topfive like this.
  14. steddinotayto

Minnesota is not going to trade for Lowry when they still have Teague and Rose on their payroll.

Philly has a bunch of (better) picks and the necessary role players to fill out Thibs' roster.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

May 2016: Morey sucks! Harden needs help! Fire Morey!

Sept 2018, after adding Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony & (maybe) Jimmy Butler: Morey sucks! PJ was awesome! Fire Morey!

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

the deal being questioned is EG and Tucker. Tucker alone isn't getting you Butler.

There's nothing overrated about Tucker and what he does for this team that posters have mentioned here.

craguin likes this.
  17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Jimmy Butler doesn't have a NTC unlike Carmelo Anthony. He has very little leverage.

Why would Jimmy Butler be any different to Kyrie Irving, DeMarcus Cousins, Paul George, and Kawhi Leonard? The most Butler could do is threaten to sit out the season with an injury like Kyrie did, but other than that the ball is in Thib's court. It will ultimately be Thib's choice on whether to trade Butler, and to where.

amaru and steddinotayto like this.
  18. steddinotayto

You forgot

Aug 2018: We traded away a future Summer League stud and HOFer in DeAnthony Melton??? Morey sucks! Fire Morey!

BigMaloe, luckyman76, amaru and 3 others like this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's pretty much trading Gordon for Butler. Tucker is just a role player who can be replaced. There are plenty of role players on every team. It wouldn't surprise me if Chriss gets playing time. He's young, athletic, the only he needs work on is his 3 point shot.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Look, my name is Wulaw Horn b/c I did my undergrad at UT and I'm a huge horns hoops fan. So I know PJ Tucker. I love PJ Tucker. I think PJ Tucker is awesome. I'd name my 4th kid after him, blah blah blah.
    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading comment after comment about how people wouldn't do a Butler for Gordon/Tucker/Pick. First of all, that deal isn't going to happen. But, the reason it won't happen isn't because of DM it's b/c there's no way Minny views that as fair value or the best offer for Butler.
    You are talking about trading 2 quarters and a dime for a dollar bill. You do that every freaking time. Every Freaking Time!
    My only concern if this comes to pass is this
    Harden- 40 million
    Paul- 40 million
    Butler- 30 million
    Capella- 18 million
    That's 130 million right there. You won't be able to make moves around them. You can re-sign your own guys, but at what cost? We think Tinman is running a $180,000,000.00 payroll up in here? I can't see that.
    I can't see how you keep this team together long term. I mean, I guess Paul comes off the books in 2022 or whatever, but you still have 98 million or what have you committed to 3 guys who probably can't win you a title by themselves with flotsam filling in around them. And, even with Butler I don't know that you take down the warriors in 18/19 or 19/20.
    But, it definitely increases your chances and gives you a pathway to relevance after Paul falls off a cliff. Worry about later later. You do this deal in a heartbeat if it's available (narrator- the deal will not be available).