1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy hates pretty much everyone on the Warriors? I love him even more now.

D-rock, saleem, Deuce and 9 others like this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Prayers and good wishes up to you, @Codman.... You da Real MVP
    [​IMG]

D-rock, saleem, craguin and 4 others like this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Good luck @Codman!!!!

D-rock, saleem, craguin and 2 others like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

@Codman
    from the other side of the world I send you my prayers and thoughts. =) Be strong!

I met a cancer survivor the other day in my job. 40 years old, 2 times ovary cancer every doctor had written her completely off. Well she's still here and cancer free 10 years later!

The most happy and positive person I have met with a smile on her face all the time.
    They said it was a miracle at the hospitals, but things like courage, heart, high morale our medicine hasn't progressed enough to account for.
    A big hug from me and keep your head high =)

D-rock, Little Bit, saleem and 10 others like this.
  5. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Sending love from across the pond Codman

D-rock, saleem, craguin and 6 others like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Best of luck @Codman

Remember you have a whole championship season to look forward to!!

D-rock, clutchdabear, craguin and 9 others like this.
  7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

My prayers and thoughts are with you @Codman .

D-rock, saleem, bballjunkie and 6 others like this.
  8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard Hakeem say it to somebody in a similar situation..."Be a warrior!"

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A couple of people liked the comment. Good enough.
    I come in here and comment on what I read.
    If the most popular thread was about how awesome Harden was, I would continuously post about how much I agree with that and disagree with anyone that knocks him. GOOD LORD I would repeatedly talk about how he’s the most creative offensive player ever.

But that’s not what’s always the top thread. It’s always how the Rockets are trying to trade for every player (which comes from the obvious fact that our GM always does his due diligence), and then all the comments are sources talking about everyone’s offers which I disagree with so I comment.

I get it. I said we wouldn’t get Chris Paul and we did. And you took the time to point out that I was wrong about that. And now you’re just repetitive on how I don’t believe we would get someone. I also called Melo going to OKC, literally months before it was rumoured anywhere. But your negativity never pointed that out. And I barely repeat that.

Repetitive threads will lead to repetitive posts. Which will lead to repetitive hate. Sorry my post was about how I don’t think the GMs leak THAT much info rather than spend pages on how basketballholic is trying to backpedal from a lie. But...you know I’m not actually sorry....right?

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

None of the vets on the Lakers can be traded. The Lakers are not in play for now.

EDIT: good luck and wishing you well with your health
    (In before @KlutchQT chastises me for the first part) @KlutchQT :)

#6710 Zoplicone, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Bobsputin and justtxyank like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good luck Cod! Praying for you. Great idea on the pick-up game, I'm 58 and live in Colorado, but I can still play (a little).

D-rock, saleem, craguin and 2 others like this.
  12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thank you, but "vet" is subjective. a Non-rook can be considered a vet./ tradeable piece/cash combo..I appreciate the well wishes

The Lakers nuc' is appealing.

D-rock, dlite316, saleem and 10 others like this.
  13. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

@Codman I've only ever been on the other side of the Big C. I lost my Mom (my best friend) in April of '15. It was hard, but it was my absolute honor/privilege to help her in any way I could. I understand your not wanting to bum out your family or let them see your struggle. But you're only doing them and yourself a disservice. I wish you and the family nothing but the best. Thanks for everything you share with us.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In my most selfish mode, I wonder if your procedure later today will leave us susceptible in this thread to the whims of a hijacker, who will divert this flight to some unknown and unwanted destination. AGAIN. You know, we want, say, Costa Rica and we get Albania.

Can't believe the Timberwolves have let this situation go so far, but they are in a weird spot.

Get well, be well, Cod. Being sick is (Bernie Mac voice) "some ole bulls***". Maybe sometime you'll tell me about your Brazil trips. Storytime with Cod. (I have my wife's family down there.)

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Good luck Cod!

D-rock, saleem, Shark44 and 2 others like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good luck today, @Codman. I've got a sister battling TWO unrelated blood cancers simultaneously and marvel at her resiliency.

Sure wish this was what you were dealing with today instead:

[​IMG]

Hang in there, brother. You've got all of ClutchFans behind you.

D-rock, saleem, Shark44 and 7 others like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ikr, maybe he really is from Houston after all:eek:

D-rock, saleem, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dude. Your Lakers thing is not true.
    Butler makes 20.45. The most expensive “youngin” the Lakers have is 7.4 with Lonzo. The only other tradable piece is Ingram at 5.75. Other than that all their tradable contracts are in the 1 million dollar range. So unless Lakers are offering Lonzo and Ingram, which they’re not, or Lonzo plus 6 other players including Kuzma and Hart and taking back 1 player, again...they’re not, this is fabricated.

bawanyh likes this.
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Last response: I have always suggested a third partner. The Lakers would add help from another team to make this work. Minny would like a young core, which makes the Lakers appealing. They're unwilling to let Ingram go without something significant, but some of the other parts are expendable. AN LA ear mentioned that Kuzma is actually the most untouchable young on the Lakers because of Bron'. The same goes with Hart. However, Jimmy makes the Lakers much better, even as a rental, but yes, with a third team with support, a Laker trade is plausible and has been discussed.

You can attack my credibility all you'd like, but fabrication of outcomes, based on the information given to me, has NEVER been my style. When I mentioned a "Big 6" long ago, that was still in the works. RIght now, you have a legit "Big 3" and a "Light Big 4" with Cap. The final pieces will arrive.

Anyway, It's easy: If you think I'm simply wasting your time with information from some very trustworthy "employees" of the league, ignore me. I'm good. I post for the love of Rockets fans and report with credible intel.

I wish you well.

That's all for me.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. It took me a while to figure out what that means and to find it.
    It’s actually funny when I read back on my posts and wordings. While I word it in an assurance form it’s still obviously just an opinion. I don’t “source” it. Implying I’m a moron you can say what you want, but you’re the one that had to misrepresent my words to prove a point so really that’s sad on your part. Chris Paul. Yeah you’re right about that one and I owned up to it. And welcomed the chirps because I was glad we got him. The Dwight one geez I don’t even remember posting something that far back, you clearly do. And the Melo one if you were a stand up guy you would acknowledge I was right because it was in reference to us getting him for Ryno last summer which I knew was impossible but you sadly didn’t understand the ins and outs of trades and contracts and wouldn’t accept. So if I’m a moron then you’re pathetic for trying to change the narratives.