1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

You da man TopFive! NICE JOB--Pic of the Year nominee if Morey can clean up this mess.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great job H94, maybe you guys can share the trophy!

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah hopefully...i tried first to paste thibs face with a grin ... it looked awesome but kinda not appropriate to the situation

malakas and Shark44 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

thank you for the info man!!!!! great stuff. ive been buggin for some good actual news lately. thanks again

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You and Roxtixia ....smarties :)

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Self-disclosure:

1. I am trying not to be as cryptic when I can. The only reason I can be more direct is because Minny is a mess...and it's public knowledge, just like Trump being peed on by women. ;)

2. This EAR was LITERALLY early this morning when I said, "GM, did you see the fallout this week?"

3. I can't make promises. I'm sorry.

4. I still think, despite my guy, we don't have Jimmy in our pocket, but I'm told we want to engage for other pieces.
    -Miami, LAC, Brooklyn and even NYC are talking. SAC is offering, but, what? That team is...nvm

5. Butler and Melo has been discussed in chemistry circles...think about that....Jimmy would be like PG13...that didn't work out in OKC. That's a big flag for me...even if the players have different talents.

6. The reason Morey is pushing last minute is because Butler's VALUE is LOW at the moment. GMs are afraid of what he's coming with, as a rental. Morey isn't afraid, but he also knows we have some chemistry issues to adjust.

7. Don't underestimate Taj and his value. His skill, leadership and contract. Tyus, too. #Decrease the Drop

8. Ne is happy, but unsure of where he will be ....that's my guy, sorry, I know what he brings when used right. MDA tries, but he doesn't get that Ne in a PNR (below the rim) is effective, strong and dependeable. He can also shoot that midrange jumper. He's just "not allowed."4

9. I'm gonna EXIT. This is not my thread. Cyber you got this. Minnycits ain't my forte.

XO

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Man dont exit, who cares if some people dont believe you. You still provide good info for us to speculate regardless.

9. xaos

xaos Member

I don't think anyone is feeling like this thread is being hijacked by you or even worry about it, Cod. The info is appreciated

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just common sense.

Thanks for spending your Saturday with us. I'm off for a joint birthday party for my wife, sister, and aunt. I fear when I log back in tonight for more info that you will have again receded into the enveloping mist; but I got my fix already.

;)

j@amc, jch1911, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have fun, mane.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Interesting tidbits by @Codman on Harden. He seems to want Jimmy just as bad as we (well most of us) do.

btw, who is Ant? Wiggins? Tolliver?

DonKnock likes this.
  13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Taj Gibson.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I think Taj would be a cool ad but doesn't move the needle for us. We need an above average wing if we are not getting Butler.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Taj+Tyus would be amazing for Knight.

DonKnock and mikol13 like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good luck getting Thibs to give up Taj Gibson after losing Jimmy Butler. I don’t think so.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Definitely need to appreciate these times! Having a GM like Morey that works so hard and smart to truly have a championship team. We may not get Butler but i appreciate the fact Morey is trying hard to get him. Harden is definitely not the only player that wants him here.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. BackdoorHarden

The “offensive post” in question from Bob Muscala had a racial undertone in it as he allegedly described Jimmy Butler’s behavior this week as:

“Egomaniacal, African American mental illness”

DonKnock likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ba dum ba dum dum dum.....

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fifty bucks says his spellchecker substituted "African American" for some uglier term.

amaru likes this.