1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets exploring a Yao Ming trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets25, Dec 27, 2010.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yes. After Carmelo makes Denver complete the Knicks deal. There will be a franchise tag. Its the final nail in the coffin over this last few years of teams being put to the wood shed by Bosh, Lebron, Amare, and Carmelo is the last domino to fall. Either that or we will be soon seeing Blake Griffin coming to a Lakers stadium near him as the next one to leave under these circumstances. As a Laker.

OK OK not until Chris Paul does it also to go to the Knicks as well.

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I come on here to post a thought i was haivng...and I this pic total cracked me up.

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

The vibe I am getting from twitter from broussard and other insiders...is that melo deal goes down within a week pending melos approval.

With the rumors that danny granger is being shopped and that the cavs are talking about getting wallace...should we try and refocus on those two guys before its too late?

I think granger honestly fits our team better than melo... I think Granger/Martin is a sick back court...high TS% both draw fouls like crazy too. Plus Granger is one of the better defenders on the wing.

Wallace would help defensivly and rebounding.

5. dartherus

dartherus Member

Could anybody explain WHY NOT NASH?
    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/01/14/suns-nash/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Nash is not only a proven superstar, he's old, but with at least 3 years left in the tank....

More important, with Nash, other superstars could be more interested in coming to the Rockets, cause, unlike other superstars, Nash won;t hurt their stats, on the contrary, they would get a noticeable upgrade in their stats with Nash as playmaker....

Why should Phoenix accept? HUGE SALARY RELIEF (expiring plus insurance), plus YOUNG players...

Trade example?

HOU IN: Steve Nash, Hakim Warrick (filler), Robin Lopez

PHO IN: Ming Yao, Aaron Brooks, Chase Budinger

An extra young asset (Hill, PPat) or a draft pick could be used in extreme case to ease the trade....

What other team could offer a better trade to the Suns and their rebuilding than the Rockets?

IF Nash is gotten, Kmart should leave (not again 2 guards who can't guard, that's suicide)....

KMart for Iggy is very possible to happen....similar salaries, but Kmart would be more marketeable for the Sixers than Iggy's big contract

With the rest of the players, Rockets could try Jjeffries+Miller for Okafor (again, a young player or a pik for sweetener, if needed).... Okafor is awful contract for NO, but for the Rockets, it would be a great FIT....

Think in the final roster after these VERY POSSIBLE TRADES starting in Yao Ming....

C: Okafor, Lopez, Hayes
    PF: Scola, Ppat or Hill
    SF: Battier, Williams, Warrick
    SG: Iggy, Lee
    PG: Nash, Lowry, Ish

Just think about this final roster....wouldn the final roster be a BIG UPGRADE (equal or better in O, FAR BETTER at D) compared to current roster? Perhaps even TITLE CONTENDERS...

Why the trades would be unlikely to happen?

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

SPLASH!!!

63 pages.

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

My guess is we will see something happen before Jan 31st. The Yao Ming exception we just got today expires on the 31st and the 5.765 million goes away. I don't know of anyone sitting at home worthy of that money so I am guessing we will be using it in trade very quickly where it is worth 5.875 million.

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

What excites me is, something is going to happen in 17 days; we don't have to wait for 6 weeks for some player movement!!

I'm hoping for a decent defensive center, but if not, DM will get somebody pretty good.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

...or it will just expire.... :(

10. valorita

valorita Member

I think that there will be opportunity for us to upgrade our assets if we are willing to go way over the luxury tax. People might balk at the idea of a high-payroll non playoff team, but it might be the price we need to pay this year so that we are set up for years to come.

11. HTown Standup

HTown Standup Member

I love yao, but he is just getting hurt to much. We need a more reliable player. I think trading him is the best move for the team if we van get a good pick-up.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Edit: wrong thread

#1252 BasketballMind, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Most likely,yes.

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

15. valorita

valorita Member

Ofcourse they are going to listen to offers...
    Who is the best player in the game? Probably LeBron.
    If Orlando offered Howard + Nelson + QRich
    for
    LeBron + trash fillers
    wouldn't pat riley at least not "flatly reject overtures at (LeBron)"?
    :rolleyes:

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Nene is probably the best move we could make. Fills a big need with a solid player.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the constructive reply! :p

With a lot of these talks, there's a lot of posturing by teams in order to drive up players' values. It doesn't sound like Denver is trying to do that. There were reports that Denver would not trade Nene. This tweet seems to indicate otherwise.

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

As I've mentioned many times. Talk is cheap. But IMO you wouldn't expect the Nuggets to talk about anything publically. Remember...they ostracized the Nets in the media for leaking too much info.

Regarding Nene, the Nuggz are currently the WC #7 seed. And only a game out of 6th and 4 games from the 5th seed. IMHO, the Nuggz "silence" is directly related to fan backlash of blowing up a playoff team.

Case in point. When Grady was a healthy Rocket and the Rockets were in playoff contention...if Grady was doing a Melo imitation, would the Rockets have been inclined to have other players' names in the media as well? IMHO, absolutely not.

Silence is golden when the subject is blowing up a playoff contender. :)

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've been hearing Nene and smith might be heading to NY for chandler,curry,and randolph.
    Dont shoot the messenger.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i won't shoot you, but i don't believe the rumor. that is a poor return for DEN. sounds like garbage the NY Post puts out.

Rocks can beat that package all day long and twice on sunday