1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. crispy123

crispy123 Member

hes not wrong, hes a young guy and in Miami so odds are that he gets his pay day and stays in his beach house. aka have his cake and eat it.

2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

The only time "waiting around" hurt the Rockets was when we were courting Melo. It seemed like Lowry would have been a lock to sign here, and every rumor said CHI/NYC for Melo. Wish we would have just signed Lowry at a fraction of the Melo cost.

Not to continue derail. Thanks for news, Cyber! Morey always keeps the Off-season interesting.

3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Westbrook harden leborn better.

4. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Build, dont buy.

Know Your Role likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

6. rockets13champs

YES.WE.DID #2010

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are probably as good as the Celts but the Celts got way more assets, we got cap space if we release players but they have to sign.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You are some sort of basketball genius

Vivi and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. rockets13champs

I think it's more likely we acquire Kyle Lowry
    I wouldn't give him max tho
    I'd give him 20 mill a year
    Gallo id give 12 a year
    Milsap/Griffin about 25

So we need to open about 57 in cap

As of right now we have about 7 mill in cap
    You trade Ryan Anderson and that is about 19
    Ariza is about 8
    I don't want to lose Gordon but willing to lose Lou Williams.
    So I think we can add a Lowry and a Gallo. But don't know if we can get a another star

Best bet is to keep Ariza and Trade Lou for now. Gallo can play back up 3 and starting 4
    Lowry is much more likely especially after Sixers trading for Fultz

10. anchel

anchel Member

Lowry's market value it's in between 25-30 a year; Gallo,15-20. Millsap/Griffin are max's.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But he went to the East finals twice.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Are you implying that the Rockets should just stand pat? Or tank and get higher draft picks next year? Trade up for draft picks? Just curious.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You actually believe those rumors about Paul George sleeping with Hibbert's wife are true? Then I guess you believe in Bigfoot and the Earth is flat. Either way I still want Paul George with the Rockets. He is still a good defensive player and will make the Rockets better.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

LMAO they are pretty wide speculated and confirmed of sorts. Nothing like big foot.

Horrible opinion is horrible.

He is not a good leader. He's stated it himself for Christ sakes.

He is a great player and good defender. At one time one of my favorite players. I still really like what he does on the court.

But... He pretty much single handily destroyed those really good pacers teams. Hibbert went from a star center to a nobody. West walked. Lance turned trash. They had a good thing going and then Paul George destroyed it by betraying the locker room.

15. mockster

mockster Member

Imagine a world where we acquired Hayward + Cp3 + Millsap

But even Hayward + Millsap would be good

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Getting Chris Paul is almost like getting Barkley in 1996, a guy I had never liked, never had much playoffs success, and had past his peak years. And we didn't have the Warriors to beat.

To me, gutting the team to get any star player who is already on the down side of his career is foolish, maybe with the exception of LeBron. It would not be enough to beat GSW. And by the time the Warriors superteam ends its dominance, whoever we are getting is already over the hill. You have to get someone who is no older than Harden.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I still want him on the Rockets though. I like Gordon Hayward better but he is not coming to the Rockets. I will eat a crow if Morey somehow acquires Gordon Hayward, but I doubt it.

18. Asian Sensation

Disagree on Chucks playoffs success. Let me know when CP3 leads his team to the NBA finals let alone the conference finals. Also, the only thing that stopped Barkley from reaching the conference finals in 94 and 95 was us. Can't really blame him for that.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Any other year I'd say no way this happens, but Warriors have changed the landscape of the NBA. If players want even a fighting chance against the Warriors they'll need to team up, and I'm not sure CP3 is as ready to commit to the Clippers for the rest of his prime when he knows they'll probably never win a ring. Spurs would be logical choice, but Woj reported thats unlikely and that SA is hesitant to blow-up their roster to make the space to sign him.

Morey will be jumping over fences to convince CP3 his best shot at a ring is in Houston, and I think he may convince him. Morey has said so himself he thinks it takes at least 2 superstars to win, if not 3, and the Warriors make 3+ a necessity. The Clippers on the decline, and Morey may be able to get Cp3 to agree to a discount if it meant landing Hayward, especially since TX has no income tax...

Could this actually happen or is this a pipe dream?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, he took Jordan's prime Bulls to 6. What else do you want?

(Also, we would HAVE NEVER beat the Sonics)

#320 RudyTBag, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017