1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why can't CP3 and Harden be like Kyrie and Lebron? Lebron controls the offense for the most part, but Kyrie still has the ball in his hands a ton. Also, it's not like Cleveland is running some sophisticated offense in order to get those 2 to coexist. Both Harden and CP3 are smart players with high BBIQ.

CP3 would be the primary one running and controlling the offense, and Harden would still get plenty of opportunities to make plays.

Deuce likes this.
  2. DMO (DJ remix)

Exactly, and both of them would benefit more than they did their previous years, because sharing ball handing duties would reduce their energy usage, they could also stagger minutes/rest them, so come playoff time they would be fresh, i could see only positives (as long as both guys would be willing to make this work).

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't believe in any of the CP3 crap and I do. Not. Believe. In. RR. But, the effect would have similar end results at a far, far cheaper cost. Of players (dumped) and cap limitations going forward.

What, then, of the MVP caliber Point of last season, point FORWARD?

Get me Blake. Or ...

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden in more of a Kyrie role would only benefit him...he will get great looks, more spot up opportunities, less pressure to be a playmaker, less high turnover games...

CP3 is the better ball handler and decision maker and there's really no debate, so he can run the offense while Harden is our primary scorer and secondary play maker

the end of game 5 doesn't happen with CP3 here because he would be the one making the decisions instead of Harden

basketballholic likes this.
  5. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

How many turn overs does CP3 have per game as compared to JH ????

6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I love ur point and I still think if cp3 was her harden will still get 7 to 8 assist per game

basketballholic likes this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Millsap should be number 1 target, Hayward would be okay but doesn't change much and CP3 doesn't fit with Harden...we are doomed for the next few years.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

still need solid vets etc like in 14-15

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

How could anyone want Millsap over CP3? Millsap is an upgrade over Ryno, but so what? I'd much rather have CP3 on a max than Millsap on one. CP3 is a real needle mover. He's what would get other stars to take notice and start thinking that they could be the final piece to a Big 3 in Houston.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Rubio SUCKS, what the hell is wrong with you LMAO. "Hmm if CP3 would work err duh why not hire Trump as a point guard der" Thats what you just sounded like right there, lol

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If CP3 would work why not hire Don Knotts instead, they're similar right? LMAO

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for the update, @cyberx! Great goal, but I dont see how it can realistically be done financially without either of them taking a bit less salary. I dont see them doing that. But if Morey has something up his sleeve, then by all means...

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Chris Paul is a great player. He is also a prick, a dirty guy. I've hated him for so long, how can I root for him?

roslolian and kjayp like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd really rather we were looking for frontcourt help...

RA was not good... at least not good enough consistently to start on a championship caliber team...
    I love CC but he needs help...
    I'd welcome Nene back on a cheap deal... but no b2b's and injury concerns I wouldn't count on him...
    I love Trez - but he couldn't even get oncourt the back part of the year... even after the Nene injury...

I mean to upgrade from Ariza to Hayward would be great... but I wouldn't make it the top priority... unless the Harden/Ariza thing has made it a matter of urgency...
    Chris Paul... if he's there for the taking - sure I guess you go for it...

but who was it? Melo we were going after a few years back when Lowry and a bunch of other FA's signed while we were chasing a pipe dream?

Obviously idk what all DM has on his mind... I just hope it isnt some greater extrapolation of 'CC + all shooters smallball 24/7 and forget the paint and defense mentality'...

roslolian likes this.
  15. kjayp

well Don knotts is dead... so there's that... ;)

16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Hayward is probably going to Boston, Cp3 to Spurs

basketballholic, Fullcourt and kjayp like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

The first time he has a dozen assists, no turnovers you would fall in love.... not to mention he is a very defender.

Not that it matters, because LeBron James would look great on the Rockets too but neither of them are walking through that door.

If Morey has a "really good" summer, you will get lucky and add a Gallo or Milsap and possibly cement yourself as the best non Warriors team in the west.

Chris Paul? 1 in 100 chance.

Chris Paul and Hayward? 1 in 200

kjayp likes this.
  18. kjayp

yeh, I think its gonna be the usual bs... These 2 will drag it out a bit letting everybody make their pitch (including us) while everybody else signs elsewhere... then when these 2 either re-sign or go to one of the obvious destinations... everyone can say "Hey, Morey really tried... he went after the best guys and they just decided to take more money elsewhere..."

Plus it will prob be the excuse to jettison Ariza below market value... "we had to open capspace cause we thought we were gonna get ____" Actually, it will just have been done to appease harden... smh...

#258 kjayp, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  19. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Feel free to contradict my take, but I don't think a 1-2 combo works in this league. DeMar Derozan+Kyle Lowry, Damian Lillard+CJ McCollum, John Wall+Bradley Beal... the one exception is Steph+Klay but they weren't that good until Dray came to fruition. I hated gsw before it was cool for the shenanigans Mark Jackson was pulling when we were going to break the 3 point record. I might be wrong but I believe that was Steph and Klay and all credit to golden state for drafting very well. I still hate them mofos though.

Anyways, Chris Paul fitting in imo is irrelevant when the concept of a combination of guards winning simply isn't enough to get you a 'chip.

I do think something big is coming and something we may not like. I think Ryan Anderson+Filler(lou+harrell) for Melo is a real possibility and i don't think it's a good decision. No sources, no nothing, just feeling like it's a smoke screen and with Melo & Phil at odds with previous interest in Houston, Melo might waive that trade clause. If that were to happen, i could see Morey gutting the team, foolishly, to pursue Chris Paul.

In all honesty I don't think we're far from where we need to be. I think our depth is our strength. I dont think it's worth it to blow up a prophecy in the first year.

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure the "up my sleeve" thing is having trades ready to clear out salary. The unknown is what FA would be willing to sign here and if he can actually make a sales pitch that will close the deal.

Easy likes this.