1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Les fires social media guys for hilarious playoff ****-talking. Les can eat dicks.

NotInMyHouse, jojolover and tinman like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Who ever said moreyball is only about 3s

Its 3s and layups

TheRealAllpro, jojolover and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

That’s not how it works. Seldom (almost never) does a GM resign because he doesn’t like a decision the owner makes. Daryl has been with the Rockets a long time. His kids grew up in Houston. A lot of his friends and connections are in Houston. To expect him to resign because the owner wants to make a trade is absurd. This isn’t the first time Morey has dealt with an active owner. Les chose every head coach Morey has had and Les decided when to fire the head coach. Les wanted to spend cap space when Daryl wanted to wait. These things happen all the time.

fattz, luckyman76, RyanB and 13 others like this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not to mention Morey got off the worst contract in basketball for a guy who won mvp 3 years ago is 30 years old and made an All-NBA team this past season.

What GM quits after making that kind of move.

What if the rockets ball out and we end up with the 1 seed.

You know Morey will be eating up all the attention he gets for making this bike move for a HOF “team USA” mvp player.

RyanB likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with an owner and a GM having different opinions on things. There also is nothing wrong with an owner making important decisions. Some owners are more involved than others. Some owners make good decisions and some owners make bad decisions. But, the owner is the one who purchased the team, so it's his right to make any dicisions he sees fit.

In this case Tilman listened to Harden and did what he thought was best. Probably a good idea to keep the franchise player happy. No one knows how this will all pan out. But, I don't think Morey or Tilman deserve to be raked over the coals at this point. In some ways Harden is the guy that has the most power, and he wanted to make a change. Let us all just support the team and hope for the best.

RyanB and Fyreball like this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If Harden said him or me then ya gotta ride with him. I don’t like that, but I’ll settle for it in an era where guys are forcing their way off teams with multiple years left on deals, or teaming up when they are free agents. At least Harden is still committed to the Rockets, and it’s not like we have luck with free agents to replace him.

RyanB likes this.
  7. SORF

SORF Member

Here is my 2 cents...and I'm not going to be a "chicken little". The sky is not falling with this trade.

I suspect Tilman listened to what Harden said he could do with Westbrook versus what he could do with CP3. CP3 and Harden have two completely different basketball playing sytles. It worked the first year because CP3 was hitting his shots so the offense never sputtered when Harden went to the bench. That did not happen last year because CP3 struggled with his shot.

Now with Westbrook, Westbrook's playing style is more complimentary to Harden's. I see two slashers to the basket on the court at all times with EG, WB, and JH. The offense will be more slashing to the basket, feeding Capela, throwing back to the 3 point line, or passing off to another slasher to the basket as the defense runs out to defend the 3 point line. This may or may not happen, but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude before I declare this trade as good or bad. But, I think this may have been what Harden told Tilman could happen and Tilman made the decision to trade for Westbrook on what Harden believes can happen on the court with Westbrook. I don't think it was a me or CP3 ultimatum.

I will say one thing, I feel CP3's age is affecting his game. Last year I saw the change in his game that looked a little like what happened when The Dream started to be less of a great basketballer at 35. I don't think the Rockets with the CP3 and Harden tandem could win a championship next year if they continued together. Age in basketball is a b****...and sad to watch for the fans. I like CP3 and his game, but it was painful to watch him struggle last year. JMO

RyanB, buffalobills!!! and Ramo$e like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Stop ruining the Morey vs Tilman narrative! :mad:

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hah, this **** is actually believed by others, y'all are full of it. As much as I love Francis and Mobley, I think we can all agree that this tandem were losers in general. It wasn't until Yao arrived that they actually made the playoffs. Francis and Mobley by themselves could not have done what Harden and Westbrook have done by themselves.

A lot of disrespect being thrown around here.

10. likestohypeguy

"If Lieutenant Murray gave an order that CP3 wasn't to be touched, then why did he have to be transferred? Colonel? Lieutenant Murray ordered the Code Red, didn't he? Because that's what you told Lieutenant Murray to do!"

bj3175 and donkeypunch like this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

CF cant handle the truth breh.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

13. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

:eek::eek::eek:

amaru and Reeko like this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

aND WHEN IT WENT BAD YOU CUT THIS GUY LOOSE

15. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tilman is a God. Russ is awesome

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Bo6 and amaru like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In Tilman we shut up.

Air Yordan, CK Johnson and amaru like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Good thing Morey shutted up and listened

But still f* Tilman for driving my last employer into the ground.

but yay Westbrook

amaru likes this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yfw it was morey all along who wanted wesbrook but planned to deflect blame onto tillman in case it went south

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  20. Mr Chuck Norris

Nah

amaru likes this.