1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey keeping close eyes to extension eligible deals that may go bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 23, 2014.

1. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Phoenix, Eric Bledsoe have made progress on a new contract in past 48-72 hours, sources tell Yahoo. No deal yet, but significant momentum.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/514596171877449729">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think kemba could be a realistic opportunity and a somewhat good fit.

3. alin86

alin86 Member

As Bledsoe will re-sign with Suns, maybe Goran Dragic will be available

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Potential sign and trade in works ?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hey Goran, we're trying to sign your brother but we're also gonna trade you here shortly.

Ha, possible I guess??

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dude repping you just because... just because...

7. alin86

alin86 Member

Cavs would never trade Tristan Thompson to a contender, like Rockets.

We should look at a lottory or playoff edge team, maybe Kenneth Faried is realistic.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think the consensus is he played himself into a much more valuable player this summer in the FIBA tourney. It would take a lot more to get Denver to trade him based on his stellar play this summer.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I bet Bledsoe's deal will be a one year $9 million deal. He's not going to sign a QO and the Suns won't just waste max money on a player that they might not want to keep...even if its only for a year. Why sign him (and do HIM a favor) to a one year max only to see him leave next summer anyways?

That's only if a second team don't intervene of course.

10. alin86

alin86 Member

1 year close max deal is realistic.

It keeps the two sides' relationship and Suns can give Bledsoe big contract next year. If Bledsoe signs QO, he will hate the Suns and 100% leave.

11. anchel

anchel Member

We could have Lowry, but Morey thought he wasn't good enough for his dream team.
    Rubio?...

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is not surprising at all, but I appreciate the information from cyberx.

13. saleem

That doesn't sound good,

#73 saleem, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  14. alin86

alin86 Member

Denver faces both expire contract extension on Faried and Afflalo. If they give both of them market value, the only method to avoid pay the tax should be decline TO on Wilson Chandler and Randy Foye.

I think the cost is somehow high for them, when Danilo Gallinali/Javale Mcgee is injury. to trade Faried for Terrence Jones/pick maybe give them more flexibility.

15. saleem

That doesn't sound good, the Suns might retain him and then re-sign Goran too
    when he opts out.

16. steddinotayto

I'm thinking about it and if this is the same plan Morey is envisioning like how the Harden thing worked out....does it mean that he's ready to give a max extension to whoever he gets back via trade? If that's the case....

Would he give the max to Faried?
    Would he give the max to Rubio?
    Would he give the max to Bledsoe?
    Would he give the max to .........?

Even with the increase salary cap next summer Morey could potentially be in a similar situation he was this summer when he had a restricted free agent to take care of but will also being chasing another big free agent. If that's the case then I hope whoever Morey trades for will be a no-brainer max extension.

17. steddinotayto

I'd have to think that the Suns are ready to move on from Bledsoe rather than retaining him. There's no benefit in locking down a player for x number of years after both sides have been in a mexican standoff for months.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That's what we did. Except he left us after signing his bro to SL team when he sucked.

19. baubo

baubo Member

Is there any reason to believe they want to play together? Seems like given how much guard depth on the team, Goran leaving would help Zoran get more playing time. All reports indicate that other Zoran's willing to sign with other teams provided they pony up the money. It just so happens very few teams want to do so.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good catch CC.

And no, there's no reason to believe they do (or do not) want to play together.

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, so be it. :) (Good for the Rockets!)

I guess we continue to watch and wait?!