1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lue is the front-runner if MDA is let go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 15, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers tried lowballing & hiring Lue's staff, didn't work.
    Not gonna work for Tilman/Daryl either.

Not that I buy this anyways.

topfive likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

this is what happens when this organisation is ran by Tilman's 20 year old kids.

RichieBanks and D-rock like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

coaching under great coaches is great, but that doesn't mean it will carry over.

None of those guys have proven to be especially great at a particular area in their coaching career.

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Morey is like a deer in the headlights....... "What the **** did I get myself into."

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, Shams did say we were after him as Asst Coach. Although, I'm with you ... this reeks of a planted rumor to screw up Clips and/or sow discontent in Houston.

Houston pursuing Ty Lue <-- May 28th thread

#45 heypartner, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hate this timeline.

Ever since Paul went down in game 5 it's felt like the organization has gone r****ded.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Or Mario.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

It's like we were in a dream and we woke up to this terrible night mare.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

I agree with you that D'Antoni's age should factor into the negotiation for LeGarie. Most likely this is Mike's last head coaching gig. He publicly stated he thinks he can coach at a high level for 3 more years (counting this one). If the Rockets let him go, I don't see a team trying to hire him for what may only be 2 years. It wouldn't make sense to have to overhaul your whole system again 2 years later. For as much as they seemed insulted by the Rockets incentive based offer, the Rockets pulled him from obscurity (assistant with Philly). It will be a pretty costly miscalculation (2.5-5mil) on LeGarie's part to have played hardball over the extension if things don't work out this year.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

WTF is with the chicken little mindset based on THIS news?? So what if they target Ty Lue as a potential hire? That's only if MDA fails to produce this season, and get us where we want to go. Right now, this team is regarded as one of the top title contenders in the league, and MDA has a solid coaching staff led by Elston Turner around him. We were willing to bring on Ty Lue as an assistant earlier this off-season, but he wanted a head coaching gig so we pivoted to Turner instead. Lue was left with no other offers, so now he's forced to join an already-set Clippers coaching staff. It's not NEARLY as big of a deal as some of you are trying to make it out to be.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

In May or October(2018) when Lue was fired & Bzdelik was away?

League sources said the Rockets offered Lue an assistant coaching position soon after he was let go by Cleveland in October and have not made a formal offer recently.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lue is interesting option, if he brings Lebron or another GOAT with him.

Then maybe he should be considered.

MDA is HOF coach, Lue could not even hold his jock as a coach.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Does it make a difference?

My point is that rumors like this thread are easy to peddle when guys like Shams have already made the link.
    It's one of the 101 ways Fake News works.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm still on #TeamBecky
    I'm driving the Becky Hammon (for Head Coach) bandwagon.

[​IMG]

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ha. I just mentioned that because Lue walked away from the Lakers when they only offered a 3-year deal, as opposed to the 5-year that he wanted.

16. macan

macan Member

thai lue is overrated!
    *** tilboy and morey if they hire him next year!

FrontRunner, clutchdabear and J.R. like this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. izeroi

izeroi Member

Cmon Tillman do your magic and lowball Lue so he doesn't come to Houston!!

J.R. likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotta disagree with you regarding the market for MDA if we let him go. Despite his age, in his three years here he's won 70% of his regular season games (and nearly 60% in the playoffs). The only coach in the league who has those numbers is Kerr, who's working with a much more talented roster. Sure, much of that was James Harden, but MDA put him in a system that maximizes his talents.

Some team wanting to ramp up their win total and maybe lure the kind of FA talent they can't currently attract would be stupid not to snatch MDA up. Sacramento or Charlotte, for example. He may not win you a title, but if you let him run his own system without pushback (looking at YOU, Phil Jackson and Kobe), he'll get you some wins with an exciting style of play and change the perception of your team in a shorter time than nearly any other coach around.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wait, wtf is going on? I thought Lue joined LAC? I thought MDA contract shizz was put on ice?

Did something happen??? What did I miss?