1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lakers plan this summer? Trade for Kawhi - sign Bron/PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyberx, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

I mean, it's a plan. Morey has big plans similar to this pretty much every year. And even if the Lakers can pull this off, there's no guarantee that the chemistry will pan out. It sounds great on paper, but many people thought that OKC was going to be a contender this year, so you never know how it plays out.

MICHAEL W LAND and ghettocheeze like this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

2nd time you’ve mentioned Kawhi to the Lakers. First being around the deadline I believe. Time to take it serious I guess.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think in this case we should judge with normal market value.
    Kawhi has already stayed out for a whole year.
    If he doesn't like where he's traded not only he can threaten not to resign but not to even get on the court with this ..tendonitis.
    It's not a usual normal case of a disgruntled superstar.

I don't see Philly or Boston trading all their assets for him when he can refuse to even play.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Would be funny if then end up with non :D:D:D

ghettocheeze likes this.
  5. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Does LBJ want to go to a team that's just gotten off the rebuilding runway? I would think not.

He went to Miami because Miami had a big 3. He's been in Cleveland b/c he has hometown pride. We would have a big 3, if not big 4 (and potentially a big 6 if the pieces fall into place).

It's hard to imagine that he has any emotional or sentimental tie that will make up for extra state taxes he'll pay. Isn't he a huge proponent of always getting the most?

6. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

OKC was combining 3 players that advanced stats didn't like as much as the casual/media did. Leonard + LeBron would be two of the top 4 career playoff preformers by WS/48 of all time on the same team.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I understand your point, but I wouldn't assume that Leonard isn't willing to go to a team like the Celtics or Philly. I wouldn't assume that Leonard wants to go to another team where he will have to give up shots with James.

ghettocheeze, Vivi and malakas like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spurs aren’t letting Kawhi go without getting Kuzma & Ingram.

everyday eddie and Bruce Bowen like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Any buzz at all about PG to Houston?

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Cyber,

Is Spurs rift with Kawhi real and are the Lakers operating under that assumption?

Is there a chance Kawhi stays with Spurs past 2019?

Thanks

lionaire likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i liked the mentions about ball being traded to SAS. i would like to watch his pops inevitably war it out with pops in the media

BigShasta likes this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Don't they all play the same position?

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, but it's not really a detriment in this era of the NBA. PG can slide to SG, Kawhi at SF, and LeBron at PF in a regular lineup. LeBron can slide to the 5, along with the other 2 guys sliding up as well in a small ball lineup. Defensively, they'd be able to switch everything on the perimeter with 3 plus-level defenders. It would be formidable without a doubt.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't know if Lebron wants to go to LA and play against us and Golden State even with Paul George and Kawhi doing most of the dirty work (side note: I'd play Lebron at the 1 with a playmaker and the two spot to help keep him fresh). There's a lot of moving parts that need to go through to get this to happen

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Why would he not want to go to Philly or Boston? If he goes to LA hypothetically he'd play 2nd fiddle to LeBron while having to deal with the Rockets and the Warriors. If he goes to Philly or Boston he'd have a easy ticket to the finals. If current Kawhi is all about his brand there's no reason why he has to limit himself to LA. If he wants that big shoe contract he can get it being the big dog in Philly/Boston no issue. Much easier than trying to establish himself under LeBron's shadow.

Besides, Leonard has clearly shown he does have a big ego. Playing little brother to LeBron, the player he beat in the finals already, is not really the type of thing you'd expect from someone with a big ego.

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Can't wait for the Lakers next dynasty to stall at the 2-yard line.

LakersGround gonna be lit!

BigShasta likes this.
  17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I loved the schadenfreude of their last "dynasty" falling apart. They haven't made the playoffs since either. As someone who grew up with Shaq and Kobe it's a refreshing change of pace

ghettocheeze likes this.
  18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The friend who never buys the next round of drinks, but will enjoy the drinks when you buy them, very Spursy.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That is (sort of) the whole point.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Anti social Leonard will hate LA