1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houstons hardest worker this summer? Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

This is exactly what Daryl Morey said about Thomas Robinson. It was at the season ticketholder lunch exactly a year ago and he ended up being moved at the draft to make cap room in pursuit of a star. Hope it happens again.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Difference is that Jordan Hamilton is an UFA

3. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Kind of wish it were Harden that was in first and out last.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would just take a mention of Harden attending a day or two.

5. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I just don't get it. I really don't.

What's your point?

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ah, so jordan hamilton is gonna be the "terrific free agent" les was talking about? they already knew he was working his tail off. i expect nothing less than 25/7/2 threes, decent %'s.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bad bball IQ. Not good at rotations, and when his shot stopped falling, kinda worthless. He would gamble on-ball and get burnt middle too often. Never... give... up... middle...

His chase-down blocks and steals don't equate to good overall defence. You don't need insiders to illustrate this point.

With Hamilton, he does have the potential to be a good 3 and D player. His first step and handles are not good enough to be much of a more well-rounded offensive player though.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Careful I got a permanent infraction and called a name for casting doubt on CyberX's credibility.

10. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

When the owner of the website you get to enjoy tells you someone is legit, it's safe to assume that person is legit...

11. J Hard

J Hard Member

It's kind of a let down and depressing thinking about the Rockets and our coaching staff after watching this amazing Spurs organization all year and since the Portland series.
    We have guys that are lazy and divas. I'm calling it like I see it.

Lil Wayne of all ppl said how the Spurs are actually coach-able and listens, and how players dont even look at the coach walking back to the bench, reminded me Harden in one of the playoff games. Granted we have an incompetent coach, still, have at least 1 iota of respect.

I'm getting fed up, this team is too talented to not have been in the Finals THIS year.

But I digress, ventilation over.

12. Remii

Remii Member

The Spurs actually have a coach who knows what he's doing, knows how to coach, and knows how to get the best out of his players _ and the Rockets have McHale.

You don't throw the baby out, you throw out the bathwater.

13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I think a lot of players are working just as hard. Don't have to be at Toyota center in order to be working hard. Hamilton might really be only 3rd best worker so far.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Great to hear I love his defense and shooting...just a TERRIBLE ball handler/decsion maker, IMO.

But if we can bring him back CHEAP why not? It just goes to show you he WANTS to be here...

Will he be on the Rockets Summer League team or does he have to be on contract??

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

when a rookie from the DLeague overtakes you in the rotation, then you know your job is in jeopardy.

He heeds to keep working if he wants a new contract from any team.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I thought he was outstanding in his first few games. But then he became a complete liability on offense and he seemed to let it effect his defense. If he had a consistent 3 point shot I think he would be a good asset.

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It's a coaching STAFF not just one man. They all contribute considerably to what you get. Also did it ever occur to you that he might play parsons and harden together for a lot of minutes because he sees the positive effect familiarity has on team play? (i.e. San Antonio). I'm not saying the McHale entourage is a Phil Jackson during his prime entourage but parsons and harden 2 years, parsons, harden and howard 1 year is not a lot to judge by. Once you achieve a championship caliber roster (we aren't that far from that) they need some playing time together. Also putting in 110% doesn't mean you will get playing time with any coach, it's about matchups and much much more.

18. JazzLakerHater

I don't think we have any divas on this team. The problem is that the Rockets are just so undisciplined and to me that is all on coaching. I've said it a million times but it is so shocking just how dumb the Rockets are sometimes. It's almost like they're not even being taught any sort of structure on both offense and defense. Good lord please get rid of McHale.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

not impressed until the whole team works hard for the big prize!

20. MichaelG281713

He's not necessarily wrong.

We'll get to the playoffs with or without him, so it's all a matter of his ability to provide in the playoffs. We were incredibly desperate for a wing defender, and he couldn't even be that a little bit.

Plus, we always hear stuff like this, and it rarely works out. Some guys can hit the gym all day, then come game time, they don't show up.

Of course it's not the individual. It's not because he's a bad dude. The odds are just heavily against him. So, in essence, this really does mean anything.

If he gets lucky and it works out for even a half of a season, then we can have conversations about his upside and all that good stuff.