1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houstons hardest worker this summer? Jordan Hamilton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 12, 2014.

1. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

I like McHale, but not as a head coach. This is very true. HCs like Pop develope tons of young players and orders ones. HCs like Brooks brought the best out of reggie Jackson. Vogel, Stephenson. Sloan, Williams. SVG, Howard. D'antoni - lin and any pg. Just examples.
    Point being no matter how hard any player tries your coach has to know how to develop you. But Rockets just throw everyone in the D league and expect them to return as all stars.
    I hope this guy's hard work gets noticed and goes to a solid team.

2. dragician

dragician Member

Hodor.

1 person likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm convinced now that Cyberx is Morey himself... trolling us all Lol.

I know what you are trying to do Daryl.... You want to try to do a Marcus Camby or a Courtney Lee S&T all over again & turn Hamilton into multiple 2nd round picks.

Way to pump up that value. Nice one!

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He played pretty good right after we traded for him, maybe he's worth a second look...

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Practice all you want but if you don't lift by squatting it don't mean jack****. Former gym rat

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Well said

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I recall Rafer Alston working extremely hard on his jumpshot in the offseason.

Didn't do a lick of good at all.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The guy hasn't had one decent year in his career thus far, even playing for George Karl. Work hard all you want, but you've got to have the talent. Wesley Johnson is a gym rat and coaches rave about how good he looks in practice, too. If you can't produce on the court then what's the point? I wouldn't bring back Hamilton even for the vet minimum. It would be a waste of a roster spot.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

When I heard we were getting the "golden penny" near the trade deadline, I didn't know much about him. I think he had a good run with us until McHale benched him.

I wonder if Cisco is going to come back on a discount. His first year with us was great. I am a fan, and I think he is a good piece to have on your team if his minutes are consistent and the coach lets him shoot when open.

This season wasn't the best for him. I think he lost confidence when McHale stopped playing him as much. Shooters need consistent minutes.

I think he is one of our best defenders, though that isn't much to say about our team.

The biggest thing is that he is a COMPETITOR. He does not give up. We don't have a whole bunch of guys that fight regardless of the score or situation.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The guy is useful and we could have used him in the Portland series but we have clueless guy running the team so we all know why he wasn't out there.

11. joesr

joesr Member

Yes!!!! :eek:

12. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Hamilton showed H-Town that he has a Well Rounded game. I dunno why he gradually played less minutes and then DNP's.

Here's a question for the insiders: Was he bad off the court or maybe did something in practice?? What was the deal??

13. joesr

joesr Member

Yeah because having a better record than the champs in a harder division means incompetence. Gbye Troy Daniels! Hello again Chase Budinger!

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

jordan hamiltan can stay in the league by going to san antonio and playing under pops system.

15. daytripper

daytripper Member

I was thinking the same thing. He's the type of guy that would probably excel under Pop like Danny Green, Patty Mills, and a bunch of other under the radar hard working players.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Rafer's shot definitely improved through his time here. Not sure what team you were watching

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

Sources: Cyberx has no sources, enjoys internet attention

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

j-ham owns.

he always WETS it from deep.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well said, yo yo, as you offer up a single bit of positive input into CF.

Think I'll accept Cyberx' cred. Again.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My thoughts too.

DD