1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Harden has the rona

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 7, 2020.

1. macan

macan Member

good now he's got the antibody.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

OH FUKK OH FUKK OH NO OH NO

TELL ME DARLY IS OKAY???

Tell me Tilman has it.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

So if he has it, is he (or anyone else that has it) leaving for Orlando on Thursday?

D-rock likes this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

@cyberx > Shams + Woj - Broussard

Dacamel, malakas, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Hippa violation

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Does this line up? Morey out here saying they're leaving Thursday. How can Harden be a week in and they are leaving Thursday?

D-rock likes this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Sad to learn the news. Before playoffs or not, just hope he is and will be OK.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maybe, but nobody really knows what the long term effects of asymptomatic cases are or if they're long term - there's no good data to compare to

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-dont-fully-understand-the-label-asymptomatic

Usually if someone is asymptomatic [with a common cold or flu virus], we would never even see them at all," she says, "and we would never think to get a CT scan on them." So there's no comparable data to say whether the lung abnormalities are specific to asymptomatic coronavirus carriers, or common among respiratory viruses.

Of course given the NBA is kamikazeing it's way from COVID19 hotspot to COVID19 epicenter because, meh, bubble, it seems trivial to argue about it

10. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I got the virus too. Took me 3 weeks to get over it and test neg.

AXG, topfive, RustyHarden and 4 others like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I could talk about Covid-19 and how you can have it and not know it until you check your oxygen level with a pulse oximeter, which clips onto your finger to measure heart rate and oxygen levels in your red blood cells. I have one and the two of us check that regularly (we're fine) and we have one of those high tech thermometers you aim at your forehead (we're fine), but both only show whether the virus is impacting your health without you being aware of it. That is, until you suddenly start feeling really bad and end up in a hospital (which happens more often than some people think, even to "young" humans in their 20's and 30's).

You and I and many others here know a hell of a lot more than that about the Plague (as some people call it, like my daughter), but I want to be optimistic! Let's assume that James has an incredibly mild case of it and will be aces when it counts, since we really don't know differently. Let's also assume that no one else has it currently on the team or the coaching staff and won't catch when it would be disastrous. That way, we can be optimistic!

Right? Let's hope so.

#91 Deckard, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    topfive, jch1911, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[Edit] (I hope you don't mind me asking but...) Do you feel like you have the same lung capacity as before? Any trouble exercising or anything like that?

amaru and D-rock like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exactly what I was alluding to in another thread. Shockingly this news is 7-10 days old at least. CyberX is legit on this one.

malakas, Deckard, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Certain members can travel on their own, trailing so to speak.

jch1911 and DreamShook like this.
  15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't think that issue is as prevalent as some would have you believe. It's only something that occurs in some of the pretty severe cases, from my understanding.

EDIT: Just saw Sweet Lou's link. That's... interesting. Scary, mostly, but interesting. Ugh, just so much we don't know right now, but I remain optimistic until there is more evidence that this damage is both common and long term.

#96 SuperMarioBro, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Deckard and D-rock like this.
  17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If that study was just going off people on the Princess Diamond ship you can’t really project that onto the general population as the average age of a cruise ship is gonna be very old

malakas likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t think they can announce who is going into the bubble until everybody is there.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

At present, herd immunity is difficult to achieve without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems," the report reads.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/health/spain-coronavirus-antibody-study-lancet-intl/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vaccine-reach-herd-immunity-scientists/story?id=71662733

#99 D-rock, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  20. fattz

fattz Member

His and all the other players’ health is much more important than my entertainment. I wish him only the best of recovery. Championship or not thank you for your TEAM play this year.

BeBreezy, malakas, BigMaloe and 11 others like this.