1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Nah he isnt as stupid as a fence post.
    He isnt Derrick Rose or Dwight.
    He knows when to keep his mouth shut most of the time and he has managed to negotiate and take advantage of some good contracts.
    He is kind of naive in some things though, and def one track minded.

I am not even sure here if he understood in the first place what asterisk insinuates in english.

Otherwise he wouldnt call it star LMAO.

Asterisk just means small star and doesnt have negative connotations in greek or used much for that matter.
    I would expect the negative meaning to escape most of my compatriots who arent proficient in english.

Nook, daywalker02 and SamFisher like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those coaches' teams would be interesting and they all have won it all.

Nick Nurse, 52, reigning champ, turns role players into contributors

Spoelstra, 49, good Defense

Rick Carlisle, 60, balanced teams with depth, Luka + big P, Laker duo lite lite

(Doc, 58, one of the favorites, emotional coach, knows his ish)

#1402 daywalker02, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Activist Russ has something to prove along with Skinny Harden

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl Morey says the NBA sent out a memo saying teams aren't allowed to disclose any information about testing. Morey says this is the policy until everyone arrives in Orlando

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said under league direction he could not answer if Rockets players, staff have tested positive or if entire group will be on the flight on Thursday to Orlando.

#Rockets GM Daryl Morey says he believes in the plan put together by the NBA for the Orlando restart, but he likes that everyone has the ability to have a personal choice in assessing the risk of whether or not they want to go.

Morey says he believes the second training camp will allow the team to integrate Covington in, both offensively and defensively, and "it slightly favors this team." #Rockets

Morey says the Rockets are "interested" in signing Luc Mbah a Moute.

Daryl Morey says Luc Mbah a Moute is someone who benefitted this team in the past and someone they are interested in signing and will look to do so. #Rockets

Morey said there have not been issues with getting test results quickly, though they come in at different times. Rockets I'm told had testing yesterday with two more tests before the flight on Thursday.

Daryl Morey says he will be accompanying the Rockets to Orlando

Morey says they've tried to make projections about the salary cap moving forward, but they don't think the Rockets will be impacted since the nucleus of the team is locked in next season

Daryl Morey on uncertainty about salary cap projections: “Our main conclusion is it’s probably not going to impact us too much.” He says Rockets are comfortable with “locked-in” roster moving forward and will have midlevel/minimums regardless of cap numbers.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

"They gave us some names and phrases to put on the back of jerseys. That was terrible. It was just a bad miss, a bad choice," Scott said Monday during a conference call with reporters. "They didn't give players a chance to voice our opinions on it; they just gave us a list to pick from. So that was bad, that was terrible.

"I'm all about just doing, instead of saying and posting, or putting something on the back of your jersey. I don't think that's going to stop anything, you know?"

Speaking on a separate call Monday, Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown had a few other suggestions that he wished the league would have allowed players to use.

"There's a lot of stuff. I know everybody has different reasons they're playing for. ... Four hundred and fifty guys, or however many will be there, are sending in whatever they feel like would add to that list and encompass the group that's going down there," Brown said.

"What I'd like to personally see on there? Maybe 'Break the Cycle,' putting that on the back of your jersey. 'Results,' that's what everybody is really playing for. 'Inequality by Design,' maybe. Things like that might have a deeper impact than some of the things that were given to us. I think it was a little bit limiting."

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Cannot believe the Players Union agreed to that horrendous list of messages.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hate the whole idea. The beginning of walking billboards.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If they limit advertisement on jersey, they should limit political statements or whatever they want to show. I am talking about the aesthetic point of view. Have they mentioned about how big those signs can be?

If they allow free speech, they should let them to say anything, except maybe obscenity or something indecent. Also, what if a guy wants to put MAGA on his jersey? LOL

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey will be in the bubble too.

“I think it would be pretty bad to ask the players to do something that I’m not doing,” he said during a Zoom call Monday. “I do feel comfortable that we have the best plan in a tough situation. Does that make the situation perfect? No. But I do think a lot of work has been put into this.

“It’s about as safe as you can get.”

“I believe in the plan that’s been put together by the NBA. I think everyone — this has affected everyone in the world — has anxiety with the horrible results that have happened in the United States and around the world,” Morey said. “I think everyone is going through it. Everyone must assess the risk they’re deciding to take on versus the upside of what we will have to do to continue to live our lives. it’s a tough balance.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lake...th-in-orlando-coronavirus-season-restart-plan

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol Dwight. You were going to play all along

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love having both these guys on the team!!