1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan to decline player option with Clippers, become free agent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jun 29, 2018.

1. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

theres always a wildcard

Fyreball and justtxyank like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

And that's Atlanta here actually, they have the cap space and no center, but according to rumors they plan to take on bad contracts...they are also just starting a full rebuild, i don't think it makes sense for them to go out there and max a role player that will be 28/29 when they will be somehow interesting. They'll tank for at least a couple of years and draft a center at some point since they have already Collins at the 4 and Young at the 1.

saleem and CrushCity like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

If the lakers miss out on George, Leonard and Cousins I could see them teaming him with Lebron

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

bet yo ass Cuban already has him on plane to Dallas.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Anyone else besides me hoping Cuban low balls him with a 5 million offer after he opted out of that contract?

NBA knows drama no?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Incredible.
    I still don't understand why he do this

Rocket River

kwakmeister, DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is 29 bro now the only time he can sign a big deal for 4 years. 29 is only a year away from 30 but he can say he is still young because he is still in his 20s.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Can't say I understand whats going on in Cube's head right now. They got a nice little "The Process" goung on first they lucked into Dennis Smith Jr then they somehow ended up with the highest ceiling and lowest floor guy in the draft (19 yr old Euroleague MVP says hello). Why are they going after old man Jordan? They should just tank for 2-3 more years and then they would be ready to contend when GSW gets old. If ever they are sick of tanking and want to compete then they should offer the max to Capela and see if Houston bites or just settles on Jordan. Etiher way Jordan should be failsafe option not their FA target, Capela is young enough to grow with Dennis Smith Jr and Doncic.

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Atlanta gets their pick if it's not in the top 5 and Dallas doesn't have a 2020 pick I don't think. So Cuban may be deciding to try and be competitive while Dirk is still around.

10. plee

plee Member

probably to get away from Doc...it's not always about money. Being home might be worth less money.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's doing everything he can to sneak into the playoffs. This is Dirk's last hurrah and they owe it to him to be competitive.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah so they should be sucking so they get that top 5 pick, and then they should be competitive during the 2020 season instead.

Being competitive with Dirk doesn't mean anything they cant go from lotto to beating GSW with just Jordan.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

They don't owe him anything he already got a ring and cemented his legacy as best stretch pf in history.

Being competitive just means getting into the playoffs and getting swept by GsW, Rox, NO or Jazz. Whatever good feelings getting into the playoffs generate will be washed away by the bitter taste of getting swept in the NBA's grandest stage as we have seen with Lebron and the Cavs.

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So the weird thing to me is that we've all heard two reports, Deandre didn't like the idea of playing in Dallas as a Houston native and Deandre would take a discount to play ball here in Houston. Whether either of those are true I will leave to you to figure out. If they are both true though (I hate Ifs) then consider that the Clippers were looking to trade him to Dallas before he opted out. I imagine if those reports were true DJ could have opted out to avoid being traded there. If he opted in the Clippers would have traded him for Wes Matthews and I don't buy the report that they didn't want to take back Matthews. Getting assets and a rotational player instead of losing your center for nothing just makes no sense. Plus we were pretty sure he was gone anyways because of the Gortat trade. And who replaces Austin Rivers in that scenario? Wes Matthews. So you would have replaced your center, replaced your SG and got whatever additional assets...

I mean excuse my tinfoil hat here but I feel like DJ really doesn't want to be there and he might string them along to see what Houston does. I don't believe we are going to lose Capela though, so it would not surprise me either way but I just get a feeling that something isn't lining up perfectly.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or all that stuff about him wanting to be here so bad he'd play for dirt cheap was nonsense.

16. macan

macan Member

DJ ain't that good by himself..he needs to play along side with all star creator like CP or Harden to be effective

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I prefer this timeline over maxing Capela to screw us or rolling the dice with Boogie.