1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

remember nobody wants to play with Harden lmao

RocketsTruth likes this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Everyone can come as a discount when nobody wants your sorry ass. Stupid thread /

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

DJ hated getting yelled at by CP3 but after CP3 left, he realized losing non-stop is worse than getting yelled at.

Sign Lebron next off-season and we'll be favorites to win the title.

Wait a sec.. how is he gonna come to Houston if he's under contract for the next 2 years? He's also gonna be 30+ once his contract ends...

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

*** it. Im moving to Kyrgyzstan

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

another made up take? like the Ryno one missing a month last year

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If he's coming for a discount .... say MLE money , why not have both Capela and DJ ??

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

A career 43% FT shooter.

You want to slow the Rockets down.....hack a Jordan.

Not just no but hell NO!!!!'

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

Rockets fans will always bring emotions in.
    Fact is, if we can get Lebron/PG13+DJ and will only have to give up capela and salary aka ryno morey will 100% do it.

What i find extremely funny is that everybody thinks capela is such a damn great player but thinks he wont get over 15m in the offseason. Don’t kid yourselves.... otto porter got a max deal this offseason and the wizards matched it and are no stuck with him forever. Clint has probably the best stats of any center efficiency wise. No doubt some bottom feeder with throw max at him

Restricted free agency is very mean. Teams can really make it damn hard for you.

With all that said, im all in this season. Everything else is just noise until summer

topfive and Beardaholic13 like this.
  9. Rockets4Life13

Capela is a RFA this season and will most likely end up costing 20+ himself

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

In this era, otto porter plays at the position where guys get a nice payday especially if you're considered a two way player that can shoot on the perimeter. teams are going to pay for these guys

I don't believe that's the same as a pnr center. We're not seeing these type of guys get the big max $ any longer as much as its been a few years ago

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

If you’re a contender ur not paying a role player max money. Never ever. This is just not how it works. Wizards will be stuck with their 2 star guys and their highly overpaid roleplayer.

Look at the suns. They have been in rebuild forever and im pretty sure they’d like to win some games for devin booker. Tyson chandler is old. Young gun capela next to booker? Throw max at him. I just don’t see us getting clint matched for under 20

And btw. Pretty much everyone is getting a nice payday nowadays.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah nice payday according to our standards but if youre strictly talking nba level money theres definitely disparity. really depends on situations but yeah 2 way wings players will get their $ with this era of small ball being so common

13. basketballholic

Hack-a-Jordan won't work with this team. Getting us in the bonus early is a killer for the opponent. Just playing right into our hands.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  14. nemac

nemac Member

The one thing that's worse than him missing free throws is the hack-a strategy disrupting the flow of the offense

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

IF clint Leaves, i am rioting the Rockets...might be the dumbest move in the history of the NBA. Clint is beasting right now

16. Rockets4Life13

What?

Wizards just paid mahinmi 16m to come off their bench. Mozgov is making 16m. Monroe 17m. Brook lopez 22m. Steven Adams 22m.

What you’re saying is just not true.

jeevinesh and tmoney1101 like this.
  17. Rockets4Life13

DJ and Paul are very close friends. Media always blows small things way out of proportion. Pretty sure he didn’t hate getting yelled at if they’re close friends and communicate pretty much every day

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I wouldn't be shocked if a team offered him the max. I think that would be a mistake but I wouldn't be surprised.

19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

This does make things interesting. But..... wait till summer then see where we stand. We don't want to or should I say shouldn't do "anything" to disrupt our flow. When your on top of course there's gonna be this kinda stuff. This year. If DJ wants to come home I hear the mavericks may be hiring...

20. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

As much as I like Capela, if he wants to go where there is more money, I wouldn't mind trading him + assets for Lebron (Lol) or Paul George and sign Jordan at a discount. That is if we don't win the Championship this year. If we do win, then I hope our squad remains mostly intact next season.