1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You know birds are chirping when you start seeing the likes of cyberx codman and ch44

Vivi, malakas, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am READY FOR THIS!

@cyberx
    @Codman
    @ch44

Vivi, malakas, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

Vivi, D-rock, malakas and 4 others like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

amaru likes this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

Don't want DJ at anything near the max... I know it's claimed he will take a discount... it would have to be a really steep discount for me to like the move...

mikol13 and justtxyank like this.
  7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

DJ for Clint and RA confirmed.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[flamesuiton] Highly doubt Clint & DJ are deciding factors. Does it help he's close with DJ? Maybe a tiny bit. Does it hurt he's not close with Clint? I doubt it.

"Well Clint, not DJ, is there so I'm not going there." ... As long as Chris is here & wants to be here, along with James, that's what matters. Not Clint or Ryan or Bobby Brown or James Jones or Mike Miller.

9. ch44

ch44 Member

DJ is probably about to be more than 100x closer to him lol

#489 ch44, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Vivi, DonKnock, malakas and 5 others like this.
  10. alethios

alethios Member

:eek::eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

bilaal14 and DonKnock like this.
  11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think @ch44 is implying DJ probably gets traded to Cleveland soon

Vivi, DonKnock, Deuce and 7 others like this.
  12. alethios

alethios Member

Yep that makes sense. It's Happening still fits, just not for us. Who knows what next season will bring.

DonKnock and clutch citizen like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Hearing anything about Paul George?

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know Lebron wants the Cavs to trade for Deandre and he normally gets what he wants. They'll probably get him for a poo-poo platter and a pick combo of some kind. I'll be interested to see if they give up the Brooklyn pick for him. It's not NEARLY as valuable as they thought it would be.

I don't see the Rockets as a viable trade partner. Deandre is probably better on defense than Capela, but Capela is a good offensive fit with Harden and we have to give up flexibility to make the DJ trade. I don't believe the Rockets are going to do anything that takes them out of the Lebron sweepstakes from a financial perspective, no matter how long a shot it is to snag him.

15. ch44

ch44 Member

Yes, Thunder are taking their chances and will not move him. Going over the top to win him over by giving him everything he wants.

Vivi, DonKnock, malakas and 7 others like this.
  16. ch44

ch44 Member

I still think there is a good chance they keep him, but teams are starting to poke around. Definitely wouldn't expect anything until closer to the deadline though. Clippers aren't in a rush to do anything. I actually doubt (for the first time?) that the Rockets make a major move this deadline. A lot can change in a month though..

Vivi, bilaal14, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets/Morey's ultimate plan is to "be in position / maintain flexibility" to get a LeBron, that means they will be cautious at the trade deadline this year. They need to watch what contracts they have. Feels like there could be a small move to be made (e.g. Pablo Prigioni, Alexy Shved etc) to add a rotation player but nothing major.

My guess anything substantial will be via the buy out market. But even, then, tough to say. Rockets had cap room last buy out market but couldn't make a move to add anyone.

BigMaloe, bilaal14 and DonKnock like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think the only "big" move the Rockets would make would be something like what @Clutch speculated on where you try to pay someone to turn Ryan ANderson into two smaller contracts.

Example would be (gulp) 1st Rd pick, Ryan Anderson to PHX for Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley. Would PHX be willing to trade 2 years of those guys for 3 years of Ryno if we paid them a 1st with some additional international players? Is that worth it for us?

Breaking Ryno into two contracts would make it easier to clear the decks in the offseason if we needed to.

Just not sure a team like Phx would have interest in that deal, though they have no real use for Chandler and Dudley now. Is a 1st round pick and he rights to Llull enough to entice them?

today and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Any word if the Rockets have reached out to the Magic about Vucevic?

DonKnock likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nice, the Cavs pushing for DJ now that the Bucks stepped out of the DJ race.

Just speculating but DeAndre Jordan for Tristan Thompson + Cedi Osman + Jose Calderon works.