1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The top 6 rotation players for the clippers last year outside of DeAndre were either elite, very good or above average with the exception of Blake who had always been a long 2 guy who started adding the 3 ball to his game to provide more spacing

Cp3 shot 41.1%
    Reddick shot 42.9%
    Mbah shot 39.1%
    Rivers shot 37.1%
    Jamal shot 36.0%
    Blake shot 33.6%

That is better than the rockets top 6 outside of capela THIS year.

As a team they shot 37.5% from 3 for the season. We have shot 36.5% from 3 THIS season.

Stop just making things up or rather just saying things you believe true without looking it up to fit your narrative.

Just staahhhpppp

2. basketballholic

Blake was the main problem. Wanting tutto control the ball and taking midrange shots. Both guys best in pnr.

Bottom line: DJ is a better player than Capela.....on both ends.

3. BigMaloe

Defensively yes absolutely. Have always agreed with you there.

Offensively no.

They provide a similar skill set except capela is a better free throw shooter and hack a DeAndre is a huge problem.

Also, capela can actually pass out of the PnR to the shooter and can do some driving with ok dribbling for a big. Both of which DeAndre do not do.

He’s also finishing at the rim at a higher efficiency as well as he’s younger and more bouncier.

DeAndre has better reliability and better defense. But he’s teaching the age of decrease in athleticism.

Corrosion and RocketsTerps like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah but we jack up threes with no conscience. Our percentage isn't good because we aren't selective with our threes. Percentage doesn't tell the complete story.

DonKnock and Jimmy Chitwood like this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Is current DJ much different than Dwight when we had him?

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, big time. DJ doesn't expect to get touches in the post and won't go cry to Morey about it, be denied, and then cry about it on national TV.

Corrosion and DreamShook like this.
  7. BigMaloe

He didn’t say spacing he said shooting.

I understand the differences in system.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I guess I agree with the idea that Jordan is probably better on both ends at CC at this point. Tough though. IMO Capela has an interesting potential on the offensive side 2-3 years down the road. I am noticing a lot of increased fluidity and touch. I think that will get better over the next year or so.

Jordan is much better on the defensive end because he is thicker and smarter. I personally view the free throw thing as a wash. I don't want Capela in there at the end of the playoff games if he is going to shoot free throws. Obviously same feeling about Jordan. I commend Capela for the amount he has improved overall in his game. I lean to bringing the man home.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'd take Jordan on a cheaper contract.

10. malakas

malakas Member

as a Bucks fan I think it's likely that the GM trades the first pick 2018 top17 protected for Jordan.
    And i'm ok with that even if he leaves for nothing.

11. basketballholic

I think it's more likely the Bucks do that deal for Capela. Or take a small flyer on Noel (not a first).

malakas likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

henson, jabari, thon and a 1st for DeAndre and harrell?

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Woj reports that DJ wants to be traded? god dam, looks like he's coming to Houston after all. I'll be happy to take him if he is willing to sacrifice and take a discount. God knows how much Clint will want to get paid next off-season. Dude has earned it though, he really has improved every year and didn't complain about anything.

I wouldn't be mad if Clint gets offered a max by a terrible team and takes it. Actually, Cavs should think about that if Lebron actually leaves.

That said, I don't think Morey will do a trade with the Clippers if he knows that DJ wants to come home next off-season.

#353 RocketsFido, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

If Dwert accepted his role and didn't b****, don't you think he'd be a great fit here at C?

SIL

iNoseBleedRed and RocketsFido like this.
  15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Bucks cannot currently trade their 2018 pick. The Bledsoe trade (and the Stepien Rule) really screws with Milwaukee's ability to make additional trades involving future first round picks.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

plus DJ is in his prime, unlike Dwight who was coming off a back surgery. Also DJ is definitely more athletic than Clint, although Clint has more potential in the future. But we're in win-now mode so it makes more sense to have DJ.

If Morey is able to dump Ryno's contract in a trade and we give up Clint and some picks, they should at least give us back Montrezl or Dekker.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I wouldn't trade Clint for him straight up. This is just assuming Clint demands stupid money, and DJ is cheaper. That's it.

SIL

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just watched Clint score from almost the 3 point line. By dribble, driving to the basket.

No way I would give him up.

BigMaloe and RocketsTerps like this.
  19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Slap him AGAIN! #Rhynally

20. mockster

mockster Member

Jordan needs to start acting like an immature child and tell the clips to waive him