1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Celtics to land Knicks’ Nate Robinson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._knicks_nate_robinson/srvc=home&position=also

According to multiple sources, the Celtics [team stats] and Knicks are close to a deal that would bring guard Nate Robinson to the Celts, possibly in exchange for Eddie House.

A league source, as well as a Knicks source, said yesterday that both sides still have interest in the deal that has been discussed in the past month. Two sources in Sacramento, where the Celts played the Kings last night, verified the interest from both sides.

The Celts have narrowed their positional need to a backup point guard who can defend. They have until tomorrow’s trade deadline to fill that need.

The Knicks, who are trying to slash their payroll for this summer’s free agent market, are only interested in players with expiring contracts. The Celtics have three players who would match up to Robinson: House ($2.8 million), Brian Scalabrine ($3.4 million) and Tony Allen ($2.5 million).

The Knicks might have particular interest in House, who played for coach Mike D’Antoni in Phoenix. D’Antoni was said to be a fan of House’s abilities at that time.

A league source said any interest the Celtics had in Sacramento forward Kevin Martin expired. A second source said while the C’s have continued interest in Chicago’s Kirk Hinrich, the sides aren’t close.

Robinson, who has the right to approve or disapprove a trade as part of his expiring $4 million contract, also is getting interest from the Lakers. A league source said the Celtics and Lakers are the only teams that would get his approval. There have been reports he’s agreed to go elsewhere, but the source only confirmed the Celts and Lakers as definites.

The 5-foot-9 Robinson, who won his third dunk championship at last weekend’s NBA All-Star festivities in Dallas, is averaging 13.2 points and 3.7 assists in 24.4 minutes per game this season for the Knicks. The 25-year-old is averaging 12.5 points and 2.8 assists per game in his four-year NBA career.

The Knicks could dump approximately $40 million by the end of the season, including Tracy McGrady’s $23.3 million deal, by moving a matching package to Houston.

D’Antoni’s apparent desire to shed Robinson is a minor consideration, but one the Celtics appear ready to pounce on.

It would mark the second straight year the Celtics picked up an indigent Knick. Stephon Marbury joined the Celtics for last year’s stretch run.

2. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I guess it's an upgrade for the Celtics. Eddie House couldn't do anything but shoot 3's anyway. At least Nate is athletic and can get to the basket along with shooting 3's.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't think thats really help. Eddie House is a big option off the bench for them.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought super Midget was worth more than House.

Either way I hope the Celts won't win another one with KG on the team.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nate Robinson is quite egotistic, and so is Rondo. Wouldn't this cause problems?

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Eddie House the thug finally gets to go to the real hood.

Where da hood at now Eddie? :rolleyes:

7. Serg300

Serg300 Member

possible teammates :grin:

[​IMG]

8. mario713

mario713 Rookie

9. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Too bad... I liked Nate. Now he'll be hit with the same affliction that takes over any player that moves to the Celtics, Jazz or Mavericks.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Didn't they say the same things about Marbury last year? His ego and selfish tendencies were never an issue in his brief stint in Boston. The problem with him was he simply washed up. Definitely not the case with Nate so this should be an interesting pairing to keep an eye on.

11. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

My favorite Eddie House moment....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJeVL5HXrnE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJeVL5HXrnE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think nate is a nice player, but he's too competitive to be on a losing team. that's probably why he got a rep for being selfish, he tries to do too much to get the W.

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'm still rooting for the celts to overcome the cavs and magic in the east. This is a nice addition for them.

14. Prince

Prince Member

LOL. I like this trade.

15. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

done deal

alanhahn Nate Robinson trade with #Celtics done, I'm told. Getting details now..... #Knicks #NBA

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

#WojYahooNBA

"D'Antoni wants House, and (Boston) really wants Nate, so everyone is motivated here," one source told Y! Sports.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cavs are going to the finals :grin:

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i guess nate gave up his bird rights but going to a team like boston that wins must be worth it since all he has experienced was losing in NY

wow they need mcgrady now to sell in NY Nate was a huge favorite there with his play i dont think lee will attract the crowds on his own

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Upgrade for the celtics because Nate can do more than hit 3s. But House somehow always got the crowd behind him.