1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo has ties to Putin (fake news)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Not missing much.

This was meant to be a parody of the ridiculousness that's been posted recently.

Not gonna lie - I almost don't want Melo bc I'm sick of all these Melo threads....

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

maybe russia.

Is carmelo anthony a leader?

maybe one of the debates about carmelo anthony in one of these threads can let us know what the consensus is on that question

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Except nothing about it is funny. All these fake news threads do is push threads where real Rockets discussion takes place to the bottom of the first page or off it entirely. Which is why people come here in the first place.

4. Daddy Long Legs

haha I'm with you. I dig the humor of what's going on but I welcome change when the moderators see fit.

My melo thread was the same way. Mine was the "which melo thread is the best fam?" thread.

I witnessed threads roll through and through before I became enamored by them. The only thing that I think has crossed the line is the truly fake news threads pretending to be woj lol.

I'm an optimist though. I super enjoy the hilariousness of all this (yours was up there) but I will also enjoy order when the mods lay down the law.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's come to a point where Y'all shitty thread starters cluttering GARM need to be timed out until Christman. Not just banned from starting threads but temp banned.

SNAKE DOCTOR likes this.
  6. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Russia has to take Anderson's contract PLUS throw in Yakov Smirnoff

slothy420 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

I understand that mindset. But there has been no melo news whatsoever and we are all glued to the computer f5ing so I think this has given people something to get wrapped up in.

I see the brightside in either situation honestly. I understand the posters who are irked but I'm not. I honestly am getting a pretty great laugh out of this but I would gladly welcome relief from all this nonsense when the mods come through and clean it up.

As far as I see it, as long as I don't make any threads I'm not part of the problem while I'm enjoying them haha

8. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Carmelo
    Carulo
    Ruslo
    Russia

9. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

are you simple american peoples really hate putin? or scary? or what

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If someone wants to create a funny Melo Gif thread where people can have fun and show their creativity, I'm all for it. But the entire first page of threads is Melo related and more than half are of little to no substance(fake news, humorous threads, etc). It's the amount of them that's the issue, not that such posts exist.

I also get that it's the offseason and we all are waiting on Melo to hopefully be a Rocket.
    But, threads such as the one titled Carmelo to the Lakers are not cool at all.

11. Orange

Orange Member

Wtf Russian agents are not monitoring Carmelo anthony threads?

12. Daddy Long Legs

I absolutely agree. Things like a carmelo haiku thread and creative funny stuff like that are awesome (I'm very accepting on what I consider creative/funny threads) but the fake news is getting out of line at this point...

It really hit the fan tonight. the fake news stuff like "Carmelo to the lakers" is actually wrong. Thats just lazy, uncreative, and rude.

I get the concept of respecting clutchfans as a basketball holy ground and they are starting to desecrate it right now lol

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You seem to be dismissing the possibility he has ties to Putin. With some investigation I found this

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. SemisolidSnake

I knew it. The Russians are interfering to make sure Melo goes to Cleveland.

It's got as much evidence and credibility as the election conspiracy theories.

slothy420 and Bandwagoner like this.
  15. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

[​IMG]

Reeko, DwangBoy, TracywtFacy and 9 others like this.
  16. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

its not about melo.
    real deal is adam silver for putin

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This place really has become completely ridiculous. It's lost, and it's to the point where I don't even want to visit this part of the forum anymore. The Astros forum is great. The Hangout is great. The GARM is a joke right now.

I'm all for making threads for legitimate tweets and possible news, but when fake threads and joke threads start to show up at such an alarming rate, it's bad for this place. Now obviously there are other things I can do, but it's a real shame how ridiculous this normally great forum has become.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thread went nowhere, but had to listen.

19. Daddy Long Legs

well in the GARMs defense, there has been very little game action and roster moves lately.

I'd bet a ton of $ that it all calms down once that roster move that we are all anticipating finally happens.

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Mmm... should I make a useless thread too.. decisions decisions. :p Sounds tempting but nah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.