1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, highly doubt KL is talking to anyone at this point about free agency. Dude is locked in.

amaru and Mathloom like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You’re funny, but I’ve always liked you :)

I have a tremendous amount of respect for single fathers.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, i see, and i think i agree with your view on Ingram and Kuzma, but you know Kuzma trade value has to be much higher just considering he's healty and his contract is super cheap (it's basically a vet minimum contract for two seasons).

On the Wizards well, aside the fact that they're the Wizards (lol) i don't know, from what i read (cause i really don't know the guys coming out of college) the biggest talents in the draft are the first 3 guys available right? If that's true, i'm not sure a combination of the Boston/Clippers picks plus players can't compete with the 4th and one single player from the Lakers...the Knicks might also be in play and they've the 3rd pick, multiple young players (with more potential than those Lakers ones imo) so, eh...

Don't get me wrong though, i do feel like the Lakers in one way or another will get one or two top players, imo not Durant or Kawhi, but a combination of Davis, Kemba, Cousins, Beal, Butler...

Mathloom likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah man I’m just bored and joking around.

I actually hope you’re right, though I don’t feel good about Butler at max money for 4 more years after the coming season.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Much love from me mikol13

6. UrbanEnterprise

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Hey Deuce,

I hope you are and yours are well.

As many reports have come out, it appears Philly is going to try and give Jimmy a Maxish deal. They would be stupid to not approach a 2-way talent of his caliber in that manner.

But, don't underestimate chemistry and Jimmy's low tolerance for BS. Jimmy may be the most underrated FA in the class. In Minny, Thibs forced him to share the ball with KAT, tWiggins and guys who don't play with Jimmy's wavelength of intensity and a mantra "by all means necessary."

The word "source" is no longer accepted, but from a good guy on the Philly bench, he expect Jimmy to leave. Despite the belief that all NBA players look at the cash first, it's not always the case. Jimmy will be paid well wherever he goes, but like many WINNERS, he has yet to taste true victory.

And, although he leads by example in his play, the same guy I speak to is adamant that the Philly locker room is messy. They have arguably the most talent in the league, in terms of individual ballers from man 1 to man 15 (J. Simmons destroyed us as a Spur and barely played lol), but the pieces don't match on the court and most certainly off of it. Just like the immaturity in Minny, Jimmy is not fond of the immaturity in Ben and the treatment Embiid gets from everyone. It's common knowledge that Embiid doesn't take criticism well and, well, he doesn't receive it from his coach or mgmt. He's one of those players who doesn't answer to anyone. Is it fear? Is it because he could become unstoppable? I don't know, but Jimmy and other players don't like the inequity of expectations.

Jimmy and James are close. James is close with a lot of guys, but there are a handful of guys that are like brothers. Despite the reports, there's all love with CP3, just frustration. Tuck definitely. Jimmy, too. Westy, even though James can't play with that madman lol. Derozan is another guy that James calls family.

Anyway, sorry about the rambling. Cyber used his sourcing first, and based on what I know about James' relationship with Jimmy, I see it as a very, very strong possibility.

Paycut? Probably if it happens, but I'm hearing that Morey will be super creative...like "poison pill" creative (Also, Jeremy Lin still disgusts me and I hope he doesn't see another minute in Toronto. Least deserving former Rocket of a championship. Give me back my 2 portland games, scrub! :) /rant)

It's so early, but as I mentioned so long ago, with flames from the Devil burning me, Love is going to be talked about and dealt. Maybe not here, but we're in that discussion. It's obvious we need a PF to pick and pop with CP and James. Ryan Anderson couldn't do it, but KLove is finals tested, soon to be fully healthy. Sacrificial Lamb? You already know.

Love ya'll, always.

Cod

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@Codman so you think it's a chance that we can get Butler? Also can you let us know of any other targets besides Love and Butler?

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Butler has zero chance to opt in, it has to be sign and trade.

10. Codman

I'll let Cyber focus on Butler since he brought it up and has stronger intel than I, but when we were talking with Minny earlier in the year, the only reason Butler wasn't a Rocket is because we wouldn't let go of Tuck. Thank God Morey knew to end that call....you don't give up Tuck, James' trust-board and defensive genius for a rental.

Morey has loved, Love, for awhile. I'm hesitant to mention anything else because when I first heard of the rumors and posted, the flames were hot. But, plain and simple, with his contract and one of our guys, along with a third team, he's a possibility who fits well. Cheaper solution? Martian.

The Rockets have lots of targets, like every team, and it's early. Similar names continue to pop up, mainly because we "lost" them last minute at the deadline. The Miami Boys (Hassan wants out...x10!), Weezy Wayne, Jay Green, etc... (And, of course, Jared Dudley has always had a hard on for Houston lol)

I think Morey starts with the draft though. He's going to start early and not strike out anymore. I'm sure he's tired of Presti messing up deals for us ad being lied to at last minute by Miami, Memphis and Charlotte.

Philly will be busy and there's still some interest in the Phoenix Shhhhh!

Again, though, so, so early.

Glad Cyber has the info with Jimmy. From Jim and his team, I'm only aware of congruencies in relationships and his absolute frustration towards certain players who don't play with his passion. And, on that team, nobody matches the seriousness of his approach. He wanted out of Minny for the same reasons, and unless Philly offers him a deal of a lifetime, he's more than landable.

Just watch out for LeBron. His pull is strong, but I think only a few are willing to play in that shadow. Hi, Kemba.

#730 Codman, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

you son of a b*tch. you just made my night. preciate the info mayne.

hakeem94 and Codman like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

jch1911 likes this.
  13. seeingred

seeingred Member

@Codman lol... what did Lin do man? I'm out of the loop. Thanks as always brother.

jch1911 likes this.
  14. Codman

(All videos courtesy of the man, the legend, the GOAT: CLUTCH :) )

Linny cost the Rockets 2 games, perhaps more, trying to be Linsanity with a Dwight Howard who was healthy and a ready-to-kill James Harden. If not for Lin's stupidity, we wouldn't have even been in the position for Dame to kill us with a 3 at the end of regulation. Thank God we got rid of him and kept Pat. See the YMCA All Star below:

IDIOTIC "I think I'm a star" blown layup

IDIOTIC "I'm a guard without any sort of understanding of game situations and defenders behind me"

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Thank you @Codman for the reply. Hope we land someone significant to help ease the burden off Harden and CP3 and hope you are good health wise!

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not much different from that harden sequence near the end in game 6 this year

Vivi likes this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for the input, well appreciated. Flamed? Hah, consider the uh source(s).

Draft? Are you suggesting a draft choice is picked up?

And, 'Martian'??? Sorry, who (or what)?

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Golly, gee - - thanks for the memories.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont think jimmy butler wants to come play with james in houston. I could be wrong. Why is philly gonna sign and trade him to Houston? Is Eric Gordon and Tucker plus 2 first enough to entice them? wouldnt he have to agree to any trade? I doubt he even wants to come to houston.

He will probably just go out and explore his options as a free agent.

20. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Marvin williams

xiki likes this.