1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Lebron will not join the Rockets if they win the championship this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Purvis's shorts

If the rockets win the championship, i'd like to see James go to Philadelphia. #trust the process would be complete

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think he stays no matter what. he wants to break more long term stat records and with harden in his prime that definitely takes numbers away.

edit: barring a first round exit

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The problem with this is PG thinks and plays like he's Lebron but he's clearly not. Meanwhile Lebron is actually Lebron. imo, PG is one of the most overrated "stars" in the league. He reminds me of T-Mac (mentality) but with like half the talent.

Hakeemtheking and Rodman23 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i disagree. considering he plays with 2 ball stoppers, he has absolutely played his role and has become an great shooter. the answer is always to call a player overrated if nothing else around here. why is he overrated. nobody has been calling him an mvp. nobody is saying he can win a championship as the best player. hes a star in this league though, nothing overrated about that.

True Rocket likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

I prefer not to loose Robert Horry and Cassell this time

D-rock, smp and houston19519 like this.
  6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

gimmie that ship pls.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

D-rock, Caesar, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sounds like a win win situation to me.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

There is no winning in not winning the championship this year. We want this title without LeBron because we ARE good enough to win it this year.

If LeBron comes next year then great, but we have things to do now.

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If we beat the warriors will LeBron go to the Bay? I doubt he goes West at all.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which is why they will win this season
    NO ONE wants LeBron in Houston

Rocket River

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

okay but i said in my opinion and i gave reasons too so you're reply is a lie. again quickly, late game clutch he acts like lebron but he constantly fails. he has the t-mac all on me attitude. others agree with me, https://thebiglead.com/2017/06/27/paul-george-is-wildly-overrated/

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

an opinion article means what? it doesn't bear any more meaning than what were talking about. i could easily just find an article that says paul george is a star. ive seen pg13 hit plenty of big shots, but if you think hes "overrated" youll only remember the ones he misses. im glad he doesn't shy away from wanting be part of the big moments if its there. thats actually what the better players want to do.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You're kidding, right? Paul George in this lineup(assuming we only have to jettison Ariza and Ryno) would be devastating. The Rockets would be the odds on favorite to win it all, even over the Warriors. Imagine his defense, 3-point shooting, and finishing ability alongside Harden and CP3.

15. rockets13champs

But thing is even if we make finals and lose and get Lebron. He copies durant

Caesar likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If we win the chip I'll be too drunk and coked out during FA to care.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

If we win a chip this season, i'd rather get Paul George to be honest. It'd strengthen us while not feeling as cheap and easy as just getting LeBron. Winning it all this year would feel as magical as the first and 2nd ring. But, if we lose and we get LeBron and win, it'd honestly feel cheap and I probably wouldn't feel much emotion. I'd only feel anger if we failed to win with LeBron, but i'd pretty much expect to win with LeBron so I wouldn't really feel much emotional attachment to the team.

Stormy1234 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Frankly given that Boston will be better with
    Look just being realistic. If we lost to GS in 7 games - I mean that's a very distinct possibility. All I am staying is there is a silver lining.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah and if he wants to be the main reason for a championship team, I highly doubt he can go anywhere to construct a team that can take down the Warriors in 7 before he ages into his post prime where he probably won't be the main player(IE healthy prime Embiid/Simmons if he goes to the Sixers or the young Lakers in their prime years from now).

Even if you think Lebron joins the Lakers and they can get Paul George and a 3rd superstar, they'd kill all their depth to acquire those stars and they'd end up in a Miami/Cavs situation where their role players are old buy outs. It worked for those teams for the most part, but it won't work with these Warriors and even Houston with its depth in todays league. LeBron could very well end up in a current OKC type of situation where it was a hastly thrown together star studded team that just doesn't work. The Sixers aren't cutting it. Embiid is too much of a risk. Simmons won't fit with LeBron. Neither will Fultz. Trade their young pieces for other stars to team up with LeBron and Embiid and you end up with the same situation with the Lakers and lack of depth.

Literally Houston is the only logical choice other than just staying home and padding stats for the rest of his career. I'll give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt as I think LeBron/Kawhi works better than LBJ/PG13. TWOLVES might work if they can sign and trade Wiggins and someone else to add to KAT and Butler. Get more shooters. Pelicans can 100% work if they somehow can keep AD/Boogie and get LeBron. Sign cheap shooters and that'd be better than anything the Lakers or Sixers can do. But that's extremely unlikely.

***Honorable mention. LeBron convinces CP3 to leave the Rockets to join him and PG13 in LA or Philly. That kills the Rockets while making LeBrons team the default #2 contender and it's back to a 2 team race.***

Tfor3 likes this.