1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I remember 2 seasons ago when Dmo had to check both Love and Mosgov, he did great!

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think the point is that if the Hawks - or another team via a multi-team deal - are likely to accept whatever assets the Rockets have to offer, they'd be just as likely to accept equally bad offers that might be slightly better from the Suns, or whomever else.

Are the Suns going to trade away Booker, or another young player with clearly and obvious upside? No.

But it takes VERY VERY little to top any offer of the Rockets that doesn't include Harden.

The only thing of value the Rockets remotely have is (i) Capela, and (ii) Ariza - because of contract and potential use to a championship type contender. The Hawks won't be interested in them. So maybe a third team gets involved. But suggesting Whiteside, for example, is CRAZY. The Heat aren't trading Whiteside for Capela/Ariza. Maybe they'd move on from Goran, though he is playing REALLY great so far... and again, they don't need Capela... and really don't need Ariza.

I know you were just throwing out a team.. but you don't really have to do that here. You just have to look at what the Rockets have of value.
    Harden - not going anywhere
    Andersen - not a great contract, if you can trade him you're not getting back huge upgrade in return
    Gordon - potential value, but really long contract, and if he's playing well enough to trade, you probably keep him
    Brewer - Only tradeable because his contract at this point is somewhat short. Not getting anything meaningful in return.
    PBev - huge health issues. Not getting anything meaningful in return.
    KJ - Maybe, but not getting anything meaningful in return

Ariza - BINGO
    Capela - BINGO

Dmo, no Dmo, whatever. The issue with current Rockets is for all his asset hoarding over the years, DM is left with basically no assets. Which is a result of Dwight, Dmo rescinded trade...

Mazulis, malakas and YOLO like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I knew my post would get jumped on but you do know it's hypothetical so it's all good.

I'm just saying, I think it would be more likely to jump in on a fire-sale team later in the season (if the Heat head south, as an example). Obviously Clint would be part of any such sort of trade. Dekker might have some value. Maybe KJ. But you'd have to throw in first round draft picks and such. Maybe cash.

And we all know Morey. If he wanted to trade Anderson and/or Gordon, he just might. Anderson probably wouldn't mind going home to Sacramento if he had to get traded. I don't necessarily think that'll be the case; even Morey doesn't want to look that predatory.

If anything, we clearly do need to shore up our bigs, and that's likely where Clint and Trevor come into play (with whatever "asset" gets its done).

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey screwed up with Ariza the first time, then jettisoned him ASAP, I could see the same thing happening with Anderson.

DD

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Delete Thread, Ban OP

Since this has derailed into another all in one cluster**** thread from Random trade ideas to Daryl Maury to player comparisons to future roster etc. Only matter of time before people start talking big a$$ gorditas and toilets. Well on it's way to replacing cyberx paging cyberx thread.

Htownballer38 and ISOBall like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It still took a whole year . Anderson is not getting traded at the deadline lol . Plus 4 games is too early . Sure we have career film but he's also never played with anyone like James .

I'm not a huge Ryan fan but while his defense does suck , at least he's fairly positionally solid . ( not position as in PF but position as in he is where he is supposed to be )

KJ nor Dekker nor Ariza nor Clint nor harrel are long term answers at his position either . Dmo isn't on the team . So any trade of Anderson is going to have to answer or help answer that spot in some way . Or we would have to make other trades .

This team has looked pretty good so far this year ; I'm in favor of letting things play out a bit longer ( I do understand that injury concerns may be legit )

Big picture we need another star and that's not going to be easy to get . I doubt anyone on the roster can develop into one . I've always been a proponent of solid team play and skill can overcome individual talent , but history and the trend of stars teaming up makes it much harder .

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I hate this thread now.

heypartner likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, and if DaDakota doesn't watch out, he might accidentally make his 100,000th post in thread with a toss-away comment he's made multiple times before ... like

"He'll sign sooner or later. This is poker ... that is all." -- DD

D-rock likes this.
  9. alethios

alethios Member

If we are going to sign him, I wish we would friggin' do it already. **** or get off the pot.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's stuck. We're in a holding pattern.

[​IMG]

alethios likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Holy crap! I didn't realize he was that close.

You need to post something special for #100,000 DaDakota. How about another video thread? Give your early season take on the Rocks. I always got a kick out of those. :):cool:

Plowman likes this.
  12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

heres a picture of my all time favorite gordita[​IMG]

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever the Rockets' standing offer is, it should decrease by 1/82 of the original offer for every game he misses due to holding out.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just LOOKING at that, loosens my bowels.

#774 Plowman, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  15. krouchchocolate

Can't believe this thread is 39 pages. Lol...

Smacktle and J.R. like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That happens automatically.

DD

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

could happen tonight. :rolleyes:

18. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Dmo was seen boarding a plane!

19. opticon

opticon Member

Link?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dmo is missing out and the Rockets are too...but moreso Dmo. He fits so well with what they do and now he has a coach that can actually draw up plays for him to get points.

I want Dmo back because he was our 2nd best player that year we were the 2nd seed. If he's healthy this team will get rolling...but this I don't get man. I understand the man wants his money but you have to play first, you play and you will get paid in this league.

DMtheGM, JJWhat?, Houtho and 2 others like this.