1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sounds like Andrew Bogut is just about done in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by joeson332, Jan 5, 2017.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Does Andrew Bogut regret choosing to be traded to the Mavs (11-24) instead of the Rockets (27-9)? "I don't have any regret with the decision I made," Bogut told ESPN. "Obviously, they're playing very, very well. Look, off the court, everything here I've enjoyed. On the court, it's been tough. I didn't expect to come here and come off the bench on a team that's 11-24. If we're 10-10 and we make that move and we're on a 10-game win streak, then you can understand a little more. That's probably the frustrating thing. I'm living with it, I'm OK with it, but I don't have to be happy with it. But there's a lot of reasons why I don't want to move midseason

So that makes it Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom and now Andrew Bogut, all pieces to championship teams that dont fit in Dallas...

#1 joeson332, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  2. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Hilariously bad choice picking Dallas over Houston.

He would've been a nice fit here, but also would've stunted Capela and Harrell's emergence and prevented some of our free agent signings. Overall I think we're better off without him.

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We just have to hope he doesn't magically find his way back to Golden State this year, because that would be bad. Very bad.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He can't, nba rules and all (because of how teams used to trade, then release, then the person would re-sign)

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dirk is old. Deron will be old. They do not have a No.1 or No. 2 star.

Championship role player pieces are worthless without stars.

da_juice and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what was he supposed to say? I regret it and I wish I would've gone to Houston instead? But if you read between the lines then he actually regrets it LMAO. Too bad, I would just want him at a vet min, he's gotten old and really slow IMHO he's not worth his salary anymore.

Exiled likes this.
  7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Could you imagine how much MDA's offense and Harden would benefit from Bogut's moving screens?!?! Unstoppable!

TracywtFacy likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I wonder why he says he doesn't like to make a midseason move. Just waive Ennis and get Bogut.

9. Fantasma Negro

For an injury prone guy he sounds like a malcontent. He's on a one year deal that would be team friendly but I don't want a guy that would come here and complain about minutes. The way we're rolling now everyone has accepted their roles and are playing with effort. We should bring in a young athlete (WCS please Morey) or just give Nanu more practice time with James but Bogut coming here would **** up the feng shui

#9 Fantasma Negro, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What would've happened had he chosen us? Would that have cost us anything other than Harden's redone contract?

11. hakeemthagreat

Don't want. Let him rot in Dallas. He was talkin slick in the offseason about us and now we're the talk of the NBA. "Hey Bogut, why don't you tell us how much you love Dallas over Houston again please"

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Bogut looks like he pulled a can of quit last night.

2 assists, 2 steals and a block. Took no shots and had 5 fouls in 19 minutes.

Yes he'd probably be perfect here, but would he disrupt the chemistry? I don't know.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He would bring very good low post defense, rim protection, physicality and some dirty play to the Rockets, all of which they need.

Still don't want the guy .

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Do you remember Dennis Rodman? Bogut is kinda like this guy. He has accepted himself to be an *******... good at disrupting, pattern-interrupting the game when his team needs it. He and Green were curry and Thompson's bodyguards. They made those two guys look hella tough... green gonna tackle you or bogut screen the ssheet out of you.

15. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

he would very much destroy the chemistry on this team.

man, i'm lowkey salty the cavs nabbed korver. i wish we jumped on that.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The couple of games I watched he wasn't playing so what's the problem in Dallas? Noah in NY is playing like crap (but improving) but he's still starting which makes him happy but Horn has him playing mostly bench minutes sometimes under 20 mins a night. Key is Horn still has Noah starting not to keep him from losing confidence and adjusts his minutes to how well he's doing in the game. Maybe Carlisle should take an approach like that with Bogut if he's in a slump.

17. CallMeTheDream

Don't forget that famous Green roundhouse kick

banzai likes this.
  18. Exiled

Exiled Member

since everything on GSW side looks greener, why chasing Bogut when next summer we can sign Zaza/McGee (cheaper)?

19. Nook

Nook Member

Because they aren't very good?

hooroo and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. macho87

macho87 Member

All Star Zaza. You know morey has his ipad ready

Pen15clubber likes this.