1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sounds like Amare Stoudemire won't return this season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by qian, Mar 13, 2006.

1. SunsRocketsfan

well first off .. no one bash me cuz it says im a suns fan in my SN.. im acutally 100% a Rockets fan now. . i was a suns fan back in the Barkley years.... so anyways let me set that straight..
    2nd I just think Amare gets a looot of unjustified hatred on this board.. you guys have to be more objective.. TRUE he is a bit cocky.. but thats just the nature of NBA players these days.. they have a loot of self confidence.. which is not always a bad thing..
    anyways imagine if AMARE was on teh rockets.. everyone would be praising him and hoping he recovers..
    well I dont like injuries to any player.. but they happen. . so lets hope Tmac .. amare and AI and whoever else is injured now gets better. it makes the NBA that more FUN TO watch.. to see the competition and hte highlights and the amazing talent these atheletes have. . amare is definately a rare talent and if he didnt get injured it would of been pretty interesting to see how good he can actually be.. anyways thats just my 2cents

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

same for back surgery.

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

He's cocky and arrogant, but he doesn't deserve an injury because of it.

I hope he fully recovers and comes back full force. He's an amazing player and the Suns are an amazing team. I look forward to some playoff action between a fully healthy Suns team and a well formed Rockets team in the future.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I never wish injury/harm on any player, because as I have said coutless times before: I am an NBA fan before a Rockets/(insert your fav team name here) fan. I love NBA basketball and I truly enjoy watching the best players around the league not on my fav squad.

I enjoy Amare, I enjoy Nash, T-Mac, Kobe, AI, Wade, Pierce, Genobili, and a bunch of other star players who mesmerize us on any given night with their immense talent and athleticism.

I wish Amare the best in his recovery, would be real sad if his career is cut short so early like this; same applies to T-Mac and every other injured star player in this league.

Injuries are the most unfortunate part of sports, but they're a reality and fans must learn to deal with them.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man i feel amare's pain literally. i just had my acl reconstructed and microfracture done on feb 15. i'm still on crutches since i'm not allowed to walk on it for 6 weeks. i hope the rehab isn't as discouraging as it sounds for him.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

except K Malone

7. pacertom

pacertom Member

chill out everybody, it's a holiday!

Google "steak March 14th" (without quotes) for more information.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He said best players, not best floppers.

9. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

It's interesting to me that Amare's "greatness" coincided with the arrival of Steve Nash. He was a decent player w/ very similar numbers to Yao and then Nash arrives and he's unanimously considered better than Yao (who outplays him in every matchup).

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Huh?

How many games did you watch between the Rockets and the Suns last season when Yao, Amare, and Nash were all healthy?

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If it's a karma thing, why is Bill Laimbeer still around and making money on TV?

12. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I don't really have a problem with Amare's style of play, nor his cockiness. Most players in the NBA have his qualities. I think he's a good player, made better by a great point guard. There's no shame in that, nor does it take away from Amare's awesome ability to finish around the rim. No amount of Steve Nash will make Ryan Bowen a spectacular player.

What I don't like about Amare though...is the showboating. It's one thing to be cocky/confident in your abilities. It's quite another to put on antics. Any of you remember the push-up incident after he tried to dunk on Tim Duncan?

I remember during the All-Star game last year, nobody played a lick of defense in the first three quarters except when Amare had the ball. It's as if nobody on the East squad wanted him to have a good game. Maybe I'm just seeing things from a skewed perspective, but it seems to me a number of NBA players don't really like him either.

In any case, I hope he recovers fully from his injury. Too many bright careers have been cut short by injury in this league.

#32 Kyrodis, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I remember that. As hard as Amare was trying to show off in the All-Star game, other players were making sure he didnt do squate. Others won. And yes players in NBA dont particularly like him.

14. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It was hilarious when he bricked the free throws after those pushups. Should have saved your arm strength, Amare.

Even in just his games against us, you can tell that he is all about style. He didn't even really try to guard Yao. If Yao was close to the basket, he jumped out of the way to avoid getting dunked on.

On offense, he would try maybe 10 times per game to dunk on Yao, usually to his team's detriment. Yao stuffed him time after time. One could argue something to the effect of, 'he's just a relentless, competitive player', but the guy was clearly just trying to make the Sportcenter top 10. When he finally put one down on Yao after a dozen attempts, he let out a primal scream and posed for the camera as the rockets inbounded and went the other way.

Frankly, his absence probably has a lot to do with why we can't beat the Suns this year. Instead of some knucklehead getting stuffed at the basket all night long, they have more ball movement tearing our defense to shreds.

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

has anyone else been this young???

i think come next season he will be fine, in fact it may mean he has to work more on some non over power move and also extend his shooting range

16. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Unfortunately for him, I don't think he will ever be as explosive as before his injury.
    The Suns keep on spinning that he's young so he'll recover from microfracture surgery but its not really like that. The barrier between his bones won't be cartilage but scar tissue from where they drilled holes in the bone. Within a short time, it will be bone on bone contact again and he'll have to depend on anti inflammatories and pain medication for the rest of his career. He's only 21 years old but his knees will feel like he's 45 years old.
    Not to say he will never have explosive games agan, but once that scar tissue wears off it will be very difficult for him to do any jumping movements.

Its a shame because he does have a lot of talent. I give him some slack with his cockiness and arrogance -he's had a really rough childhood and he didn't exactly have the most positive role models growing up.

#36 Gatorfan76, Mar 15, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006