1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry, NBA, the Rockets are too deep!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Jan 6, 2007.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

...oops, two deep... typo, my bad.

Anyway, it used to be that we have to have our two superstars healthy to compete. Now, we only need one. As long as either Yao or Tmac is healthy, we can slaughter teams like the Spurs and Jazz.

I've never seen anything like this. Two superstars taking turn to lead a team dominate opponents. One of them goes out, the other pours in 35 on a regular basis.

Sorry, NBA, be affraid. Be very very affraid.

BTW, both Rice and Duke accepted me to go to graduate schools there in the past week. I am trying to decide where to go. In my field, Duke ranks higher. Hmmm... a better education while watching the Bobcats? Or a slightly worse one while watching the Rockets.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I also think we are really deep

maybe we could get another Center

but for right now every position is stacked pretty good

Mutombo is doing a hell of a job, I would love him to continue do so and just stay healthy....I hope his heart lasts for another 40 years at least

3. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Go to Duke and get NBA league pass.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree. we need another big. specifically a shot blocker.

i'm happy with the group of 4's (hayes, howard, novak, padgett) and swingmen (tmac, shane, snyder, bonzi, luther).

however, we need to bring in another shot blocker. what if deke goes down when yao gets back? we can't be left with only 1 center again.

also, we could use a REAL backup PG. head, billy, and lucas won't cut it in the playoffs. we need a vet who can shoot.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Duke is more highly thought of nationally. Most people outside of texas never even heard of Rice.

6. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

why the hell would you pick a lesser school over a sports team? get NBA league pass or something.

7. stangend77

stangend77 Member

you beat me to it! :D rice is a good school but if duke is better at what you are interested in go there. you can also always find a bar that shows league pass and go there.......you will be in college so you will be in bars anyway

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

what's your field?
    I might be at Duke starting next year. Maybe we can share league pass. :D

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Comon', we all have had rice, havent we?

10. alaskansnowman

Didn't we lose several close games when T-mac was out and we only had Yao?

I like your optimism, but the Rockets are winning right now b/c T-mac is playing out of his mind. How long can he really keep that up? His fg% is higher right now than even his prime days in Orlando.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

God damnit, the guy who started this hijacked his own thread.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

go to Duke for the experience of Cameron Indoor.. even if you don't like them.. you'll be done after school's over and can move wherever you want.

13. kingkow

kingkow Member

from a chinese point of view

duke = awesome
    rice = for eating

14. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

optimistic point of view: Tmac keeps it up till Yao returns and we storm the league.
    the opposite: Tmac might lose his touch anytime. Tough road schedules.
    We have to keep playing hard. We are not an elite team yet. I hate to say this, but we are not as good as the Mavs.

15. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

we're not as deep(IMO) as the Mavericks, Jazz, or Phoenix.

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Yes Tracy has been very efficient and playing like a superstar but so was Yao. The difference is that the roleplayers are the ones playing out of their minds. The play of Deke and Howard has been inspiring.

17. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Dukes don't eat rice, they eat meat, wine and cheese....

18. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Business. Hey, if I decide to go, we'll keep in touch. I am also waiting on the decision of few other schools.

Oh, you guys are under-selling Rice. It's not that bad.

Ummm... you watched the Spurs game, didn't you? With only Yao, the team struggled initially, but turned around toward the end. Trust me, you don't dominate the Spurs on the road by luck. And no, we aren't the Bobcats, so the Spurs didn't overlook us.

19. MystikArkitect

Rice is a slightly worse education than Duke? I think you're overstating that just a little bit...both schools are top notch universities. Best of the best. What's more important to you, living life away from home and meeting new people in a foreign town, or staying at home where everything is familiar but maybe the same ole same ole? Cant go wrong either way :D

McGrady has been on fire recently, and what's scariest is that now that Yao has been out, it seems McGrady has been forced to come out of his hole. He may have just thought that Yao would do most of the work so he didnt have to work as hard or try as hard. But now everything is different. So what happens when Yao comes back is what really kinda scares me. If McGrady keeps playing the way he does, does he become scorer #1? Does Yao? Do they both drop 28 a night? When McGrady is rolling, he is unstoppable. When Yao is rolling, he is unstoppable. When they are both rolling, we are unstoppable. I don't think there is any other team in the league that can say they have that luxury. (Heat included)

20. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Go to Duke, then.

"Not that bad" under-sells Rice big time. It's one of the top schools in the nation, top 10-20 overall in most rankings. Most people would kill for the chance to be considered for admission into Rice. It's a highly prestigious institute of higher learning.