1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sorry for another tmac thread] Who will go down more favorably in Rocket's history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis 4 ever, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Francis 4 ever

T-mac or Francis?

Francis re-invigorated a dead team and his exciting yet loser ball brought us Yao, Francis bled rockets red and it killed him to be traded away. T-mac brought us false hope and limped around for a few seasons before throwing his tantrum begging to be traded.

I say francis.

2. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Doesn't matter anymore

3. Francis 4 ever

to the extent any history matters.

4. VBG

VBG Member

Favorably- Francis

The better player - T-Mac by far

5. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Francis by a mile...TMAC was worlds better but the last few years should wipe away all the good he did.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right answer.

9. mclovin22

mclovin22 Member

Steve Franchise

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve of course...

11. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Yep and It's not even close. Francis never wanted to leave Houston, JVG drove him out because they couldn't see eye to eye. I saw Francis leaving almost like the same way Randy Moss left Minnesota, though Moss became a bigger quitter when he left Minny though.

12. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

We went to the playoffs only ONCE with Francis. We went to the playoffs every year with McGrady (except the year he didn't play much)... and Tracy didn't demand for a trade... Supposedly, the Rockets themselves have been trying to trade Tracy for awhile. Now Tracy is asking for a trade in compliance to Rockets management.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Entirely irrelevant. When we acquired Francis, we were rebuilding the franchise. When we acquired McGrady, we were competing for a title. Obviously, the playoff appearances won't be comparable. However, its plausible that had Francis stayed, we would've been in the playoffs for the subsequent few years.

McGrady didn't demand a trade, but he did provoke the team/management enough that the organization felt it was best if he were isolated from the rest of the team.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Stevie is close to the heart of Rockets fans.

T-Mac is too much out for himself.

15. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

There's no way we can determine what would've happened if Francis stayed... but it's my opinion that we wouldn't have gotten any better. Mostly what I remember from Steve was iso-ball, over-dribbling, and even had trouble making a simple entry pass into Yao.

I have nothing personal against Steve... it's just I think the Rockets were better with Tracy and with Steve.

16. sbyang

sbyang Member

Francis was real bitter after he left, he was seriously hurt by the trade. I remember his first game vs. the Rox when he tried to high five Yao after a FT and then all of a sudden realized they weren't teammates anymore.

Even though he was a ball hog and poor passer, there's a lot of love for Francis from his teammates after he left, alot more than Tracy anyway.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We made the playoffs with Francis and there was no indication that we wouldn't have been able to maintain that level.

The Rockets were a better team with McGrady instead of Francis, but your original assertion focused on the number of playoff appearances.

18. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

steve had a more favorable cover

19. G Rat

G Rat Member

Francis had heart and played above his God-given ability.

McGrady was pretty much the opposite.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I've been a t-mac fan for a long time, but you know what I would choose Francis, Francis loved the rockets and loved his team and always been great teammate, and it killed him when he was traded from the rockets, not to mention when we brought him back in 2007 he took alot less money from the rockets than the blazers, he was in love with this organization...