1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry but Harden step back is a Blatent travel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sheer strength.

2. smp

smp Member

Sounds about right.

Seriously though, I think the NBA has changed their interpretation of some rules (travelling and carrying) over the years because we all like big dunks and nasty crossovers. The unintended consequence is Hardens step back 3.

They could crack down on him as early as Wednesday if they want to. I don’t care what some official explained in slow motion video or whatever. It’s always subject to change based on how the league wants to call it and that is based on what they feel the fans want to see.

Analyze and debate it to death. Doesn’t matter. It’s not traveling until they start calling it. If/when they do, it will be travelling and no rules changes will be necessary to make that change.

fryjol7 likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

can't wait to see the next move james invents to get the nba world mad.

D-rock, BigMaloe, linvetb6 and 3 others like this.
  4. Giannis

Giannis Member

3 questions.

1) Do you want it to be a travel?
    2) Do you think it is a travel?
    3) Are you a warriors and/or curry fan?

5. smp

smp Member

I know right! Hopefully people like the step back 3 so we can keep it around for a while.

1). No. I like it. It's one of the most skilled shots I’ve ever seen.

2). If they call it a travel then it is. If they don’t then it’s not. It’s highly subjective and can change any time. It’s not clear cut like out of bounds, or shot clock violation. Right now it’s not a travel. Wednesday it could be.

3). Hell no. I’ve been a Rockets fan since 93. I’ll probably learn to appreciate Curry after he retires like I did Gary Payton and Karl Malone. I still don’t like Stockton and Ewing though.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. Grydian

Grydian Member

If hardens step back shot is a travel then so is the euro step. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Bobbythegreat and D-rock like this.
  7. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

You posted this in the wrong place, next time you should just leave your thoughts in the garbage where they belong.

linvetb6, theimpossibles1 and adw like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm gonna say it's going to be a dribble around a defender. They'll starting yelling about double dribble.

linvetb6 and Mr. Space City like this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Man, make it where I can share it.

Mazulis likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

Now I remember why I quit posting. A bunch of assholes around here. I'm telling you that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. What's a travel or not changes. What's a carry or not changes. 20 years ago Harden's step back and Eurostep would both be travels and his crossover would be carrying. It's not today. It might be tomorrow.

It's a national topic today because guess what. It's not cut and dry dumbass!!!!! You are too much of an immature blind homer to recognize it. Keep looking at life through your narrow lense.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

all these travel gurus on social media and Reddit are just annoying...sthu and learn the rules

Mazulis, linvetb6 and adw like this.
  12. smp

smp Member

There's plenty of travel gurus around here too. Just ask them. They know it all and will be happy to tell you about it. They will even prove/disprove the legality of every Harden step back 3 by analyzing one shot in slow motion.

Mazulis and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Rulebook sticklers are sad.

Get a life.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Two steps in ANY direction after the gather. It’s not a travel and 100% legal.

D-rock, linvetb6 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Where did you find this? Need to share it repeatedly!

16. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

If any of y'all haven't seen this video, it clearly explains why James Harden's stepback is not a travel and is legal.

riko, linvetb6 and D-rock like this.
  17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Why can't you doubters and ignorers ever read up on why it isn't a travel? This is a settled issue

linvetb6 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I will care about what Sarah Spain thinks when she refs her first NBA game. Until then she's just another ignorant hater.

Deuce likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sorry if I missed it. What is the valid response to this? Is the last leg coming down to go into the jump shot step 3? Or just part of a jump stop? What does the rulebook technically say?

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are absolutely right ... you are sorry.