1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sore Losers: Its Comey....err..no its voter fraud...no wait its Russia!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

"THIS IS NOT A SAFE SPACE"

Have never seen so many people attempt to undermine a democratically elected president.
    Skipping the inauguration for political reasons? How terrible, divisive and cruel.

Threats against performers??

What a bunch of sore losers.

First Team Clinton blamed the FBI and Comey for re-opening the case due to Weiner's weiner and then blamed Comey for saying it was all clear! Then Jill Stein and backed by Clinton said there was voter fraud and did re-counts and Trump got more votes! Now its Russia did this and that and whatever.

Really disgusting and despicable to treat a democratically elected president this way.

You put up a terrible candidate that ran a terrible campaign with no message. She was misinformed about her strength in the Blue Wall and lost states that the democrats typically own. She didn't campaign where she should have and only attacked the other candidate.

So she lost! Get over it. No more safe spaces.

Dei likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This post is inaccurate for most Democrats, and left leaning individuals.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

i like myself some mirror

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

For guys like John Lewis to say he's not the President and that he is Illegitimate is really disheartening,
    sad, political and a sad and terrible day for America.

All because they were so shocked that their analysts, pollsters and friends in media all thought it was a
    landslide victory. Trump spent half the money and won. Not one vote was shown to be changed or illegitimate
    by any voter. People in Wisconsin and Michigan etc. just didn't care for her message.

Own it and stop this nonsense as all this is doing is further dividing.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think those who are skipping it are doing so for moral reasons, honestly. You can of course disagree with them. But groping, insulting, race-baiting has really turned a lot of otherwise cooperative people off, especially in the groups he's attacked, and oh but there are so many groups the dude has attacked. LOL.

Terrible? Judgment call.
    Divisive? Yes, unfortunately. But they cannot in good conscious support this man until he changes his rhetoric and M.O.
    Cruel? LOL. Who needs a safe space exactly? It is not cruel to skip a lavish inauguration. Too funny.

Nah. We've been over that. We want our new president to change his tune. It's not about politics or policy. It's about a flimflam man who needs to stop tweeting and start governing for all Americans, even the ones who (*gasp*) skip his inauguration or protest against him. Imagine the nerve of people in an active democracy.

Most of us don't give two craps about the word Clinton now. She lost. She and Bill are gone for good from the national spotlight and most of us are fine with that. Pretty much only Team Fox News and Limbaugh are watching Team Clinton now. LOL.

Where have you been since 1992? This all fits on a trend line. It's not even much of a bump.

We've all agreed with this thousands of times already, but okay, yes, sure. Again.I'm definitely over it.

Right, for Mr. Reality TV guy. He can't expect to run the most divisive and insulting campaign in modern America, refuse to divest his own business interests, appoint people like Steve Bannon, attack any critic like a weak-kneed despot from a tiny, flailing country and expect everyone to line up at his inauguration. I mean, give me a break.

He's divisive. He breathes and eats divisive. He loves divisive. He's 70 years old and this is who he is. So of course people are skipping his inauguration. Sheesh. You don't get to act like an infant terrible and expect everyone to line up for you. Not in a free (or still partially free) country.

6. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Moral? Who is trying to take the moral high ground now. I understand right wing church-goer wide stance hypocrisy
    and now I see that its all seen through political lenses.

Didn't Obama drop 20,000+ bombs during his eight years?

Where is the MORAL outrage there? Instead because a guy speaks without a filter the way and its refreshing to a lot
    of people fearful of being painted 'Racist/Sexist' for not being proper and politically correct and saying some things that
    hurt people's sensibilities.

20,000+ bombs dropped by Obama probably hurt a lot more than some words.

7. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

So you agree Lewis skipping because he, a member of our government is saying our President is illegitimate is Ok???

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's okay for Lewis to do it. I disagree with his take on the issue, however. But if his conscience tells him to do it, then that's okay.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. B-Bob

I actually don't agree with Lewis's statement and I think it's counterproductive. BUT, as I've said elsewhere, he's not my representative in the house, so I can't say anything. I honestly will place a phone call if my rep (ugh, Pelosi) skips.

I think Trump, despite all the election weirdness from Comey and the Ruskies, legitimately beat the terrible candidate HRC.

Attending an inauguration is kind of a window-dressing thing. The bigger topic, to me, is whether members of Congress: (1) have a spine when it counts, or (2) disagree just to disagree (as we witnessed for the last 8 years, lame political football with party > country), or (3) roll over to Trump, who will want to take on as much power as he possibly can, constitution be damned.

I'm hoping for option (1), and all this hoo-haa about who's attending what little celebration is just media-fueled nonsense.

10. B-Bob

Hi Rocketman1981, here's a sentiment I can get behind, from DeFazio in Oregon. Some of these people usually skip such events, for what it's worth.

"I've heard from many of my constituents about this week's inauguration. Both from those who think I should attend to represent Oregon's 4th Congressional District and from those who request that I abstain. During my career, I've only attended a few presidential inauguration ceremonies and generally do my very best to avoid pomp and circumstance events in Washington. This year will be no different.

Instead, I will be home in my community, meeting with my constituents and discussing their priorities for the future. We have an immense amount of work to do.

This year, I will be prepared to work with President-elect Trump where we find common ground on issues that will better the lives of all Americans, such as job creation and infrastructure, but I also will not hesitate to challenge the administration when necessary. Thank you for standing with me."

He's not my rep, but I spent time in Oregon and always thought he was a decent dude.

durvasa likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope the Dems lock up the government for the next 4 years, just like the Tea baggers did.

DD

12. TheresTheDagger

Why?

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think skipping is weak. Attend and welcome in the new President, but be firm on your conviction afterward.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It's the Republican winning formula!!!

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes. Perfectly okay.

That's the problem with the tactics of Republicans and Trump. They've set the bar so low for behavior that anyone can do whatever the hell they want now. Want to shout down President Trump at the State of the Union? No problem. Want to accost President Trump at the airport and put your finger in his face? No problem. Do you want to question the legitimacy of Trump just like Republicans did for 8 years of Obama? No problem. Do you want to stonewall every single piece of Republican legislation in Congress? No problem. Do you want to shut down the government over anything? No problem.

Welcome to the world you created.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Agree. That would be better. But I can't bring myself to be outraged over this, given Trump's role in the Birther nonsense and him maintaining throughout the election that the whole thing was rigged. If he had conducted himself with more class and dignity he may not have to deal with this.

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Really? The last President that was called an under qualified community organizer, a secret communist and a Muslim, that was not born in this country and aligns with black hate groups. Neither side has played nice for a while.

Just to be clear, I don't think that's the way politics should be ran, and victors should share the spoils. But there's a lot of what's good for the gander....

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hillary is going to the inauguration. Which I think is pretty gutsy and classy. While I'm not a Hillary fan, I respect her for going.

I think the other Democrats should follow her lead and go to the inauguration. I think the Democrats should try to take the high road, even though Trump frequently takes the low road.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Oh, fully agree. Not at all outraged with anyone that doesn't attend given Trump. Just don't personally think that's the approach of a strong leader.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Just for the record, the 2016 Election was far from a landslide victory and calling it so is bending the truth. The truth is that the electoral college margin of victory was one of the lowest margins in history. That's just a fact.

FranchiseBlade likes this.