1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Somthing Big!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kid Rock-et, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Kid Rock-et

Kid Rock-et Member

Every year since Les has owned the team, he has shown that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make this team better. Almost every season we have been graciously supplied with the talent available to make our team better. It hasn't always worked out but that doesn't diminish Les and the organizations efforts. Question, do you think this year will be any different than past years when they have delivered the likes of Drexler, Barkley, Pippen and Francis to our team with intentions to make us better. Do you think they will break the trend? or follow through and deliver yet again some form of top notch talent to our team this year.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

Are you kiddn me? Only until 10/1 - thats an eternity!

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

While I'm hoping we land someone big, we might have been a little spoiled by the Rockets. I mean a team cant do a major trade every offseason.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Insulting fellow posters without my permission is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Annoying Mango can be really FUN!
    5. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Joe Smith wouldn't be bad with the exception, IMO.

------------------
    Going for the Rolls Royce!

visit www.swirve.com

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Of course, a team would have to sign Joe Smith and then trade him to us first since he's a free agent and it's a trade exception. I don't know how long the waiting period is or what the limitations are on when the trade must be executed. I thought it was 48 hours but I may have had that confused with a different scenario.

------------------
    Bad spellers of the world: UNTIE!

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Do y'all remember when he bought the rockets, he promised he'd get a major acquisition for the rockets?

He turned out to be Mario Elie

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

My birthday is October 5th, and I too would love a nice free agent signing in addition to cake and ice cream.

The new CBA makes things we have done in the past a bit more difficult. I am hoping for something along the lines of a Danny Fortsen, Brad Miller, Lari Ketner, or Joe Smith.

Hey, Chucky Brown is a free agent!!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------