1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Something very interesting involving Carr

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by countingcrow, Mar 18, 2002.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/cnnsi/20020318/mlb039sindiansl.html

From SI's Peter King:

4. Houston, at No. 1, is solid on David Carr. The Texans will likely go to school with Carr as offensive coordinator Chris Palmer will change his delivery from three-quarters to more over the top. Sounds like a red flag to me.

When you click on the link, look at the 10 draft rumors to the right of the page.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Interesting tidbit on Jammer as well.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SI's nothing more than a coffee table mag full of pretty pictures. They're like Playboy: If you get it for the articles then there's something fundamentally wrong with you.

I heard Casterly say that while Carr's delivery was a little bit unorthodox, it hadn't caused any problems thus far and therefore it'd probably be best to leave it alone.

I also heard Carr talk about how he'd 'listen' if anyone wanted to change his delivery. The way he said it didn't imply that he'd 'listen' too hard.

I don't see the Texans trying to change his delivery unless there's a clear need to do so. I think this is no more than some SI wonk connecting Palmer's reputation as a developer of quarterbacks with Carr's funky delivery, but I don't think that Palmer/the Texans are quite that superficial.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Guys with hitches in their throwing mechanics and an unconventional throwing style end up with worthless careers.

Sincerely,

Brett Favre

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

Speaking of funky delivery, does it seem like Jeff Garcia throws like a baseball style? Instead of bringing the ball right up, he goes almost 360 with his arm. wierd.