1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something to Chew On

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stone Cold Hakeem, Dec 18, 1999.

1. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Recently a friend of mine mentioned something about a possible deal cooking between Jersey and Houston that would deliver Gill for the low, low price of Williams and TMass. He's usually been money when its come to trade hoopla and the Rox but he isn't hooked into the Rockets brass, so.....I do remembering seeing something about this on another site (not the Rocket Guy).

Anyways, I was wondering what people thought about this? I'm not up to speed on Gill but I do remember him being somewhat of a defensive stopper.

2. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Sounds good. I raised the idea of trying to acquire Gill a week or so ago. I think we along with Shandon would give us a great 2-3 defensive combo. Along with Dream and Cato in the front court.

My only question is, can we afford to give up TMass? We have Kenny Thomas as our only real power forward. Carlos can play the 4, but he is designed for the three. Cato can play 4, but he also plays center. But then again we are getting along ok at that position without TMass. And Williams is just an embarrasment to Rudy.

I'm totally down for that, as we give up potential offense for one hell of a defensive stud.

3. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Good idea or not, I really don't know. Kendall Gill is bad for chemistry on the flip side he provides defense and frees up some more salary room next offseason. In the direction we are going right now how much does all that really matter.

4. alaskansnowman

I would absolutely love that trade! Walt Williams is just playing like crap and TMass is always injured. Plus with TMass out, Kenny Thomas will get even more minutes.

1 question: Why would the Nets want Walt Williams? Or TMass for that matter?

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Can we afford to give up TMass?

Yes. The guy has played very little this year and just isn't a part of the mix at this point. I don't see any loss in trading for him especially if we can get rid of Williams, who hasn't lived up to the hype. Kenny Thomas has stepped in nicely and Carlos Rogers is taking advantage of every minute he is getting, so I am all for this trade going down.

------------------
    There is no offense without a good defense.