1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone please explain our guard situation to me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Jan 6, 2015.

1. omgTHEpotential

Didn't Adelman praise Shved for being a great clutch shooter in his rookie year?

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL this post cracked me up

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Another ball handler is needed , not because Harden is't good at that but he need some rests , when he is tired he commit some turn overs or contested shot, guy like Clay and Butler have the luxury of not being under the consistent pressure from the defender the entire game

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Is it just me or does our coaching staff just have a hard time utilizing players like Canaan. Remember just last year we had Aaron Brooks. In my opinion these players are eerily similar in the type of game they play. Somehow AB rarely sniffed the court for the Rockets last year before he was traded, and now look at him on Chicago making a difference. (Thibs is HIGHLY regarded as a coach in this league, just sayin'.)

I will say that both players ARE a defensive liability based off of size alone. Maybe the reason AB can contribute more on the Bulls is their 2nd line of defense (frontcourt) is good enough to compensate. You'd think our frontcourt would likewise be up to the challenge of compensating for one player but maybe not. I still think that it's on the coach to be aware of all his players strengths and weaknesses and still be able to use those players based on a particular role. I have no idea why Canaan at this point isn't being played more, but there is no reason (that I can see) why he shouldn't have a spot in the rotation.