1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some random dude named Sekou Smith on NBA TV - MVP ladder. 11/30/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I would post link to video but I don't think it deserves views.
    Discuss.

[​IMG]

2. Senator

Senator Member

What is wrong with this?

Lebron and Giannis are better players on better teams - both shoot incredibly high %'s from the floor. Everyone would trade Harden for Doncic in a heartbeat, even this season. Kemba is the best player on a team playing better basketball. He will eventually drop, but once the Clippers come into form you can expect Kawhi to head up the ladder. Forget about charts and pointless awards and hope for Houston to mesh because right now they won't be able to make it to the WCF. You miss the point of sports.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah screw that, James Harden the is the best player in the NBA, we on Clutch fans know that and after we win the championship every single one of these stupid talking heads will know it too. I ride or die with my guys.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You should work for ESPN. They would love you there.

I mean, we'd ****ing hate you, but I doubt you care. You don't seem like that kind of person. You're more like one of those things that both males and females have between their legs... next to the taint. Star shaped. You know..

5. Senator

Senator Member

Because I prioritize titles over stupid charts and individual awards? I assure you all these guys are getting paid regardless.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Enjoy your Luka. This place is blooming with Harden fans who are enjoying the man who's scoring nearly 40 points a game.

7. Senator

Senator Member

More to game than PPG .. FG% matters more than FT% ..The best players on the teams that won trophies this decade have incredibly high FG%'s . Harden carries team with less talent but needs to find ways to be efficient away from ft line. Westbrook even worse so ..

plutoblue11 likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really just going to come here and lie to everyone's face about Harden's efficiency lol.

No reason to even get into this, everyone can check the stats themselves.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So you say something in one sentence to devalue Harden's MVP claim - which has nothing to do with MVPs.

Then you go and say exactly the reason why Harden should have more than one MVP trophy to his name, and act like it doesn't mean much for his MVP claim.

Your post is... very... very confusing to say the least.

10. Senator

Senator Member

Stats back up what I say, his FG% is terrible for a modern day star. You have to include FT's to get efficient and those are calls he doesn't get in playoffs. He's a really good scorer but guys leading title winning teams are all shooting above 50%. His playoff FG% gets even lower, around 40%. It's straightforward .. totals don't matter.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

James Hardens shooting %'s: 53.5% eFG, 56% 2PT, 34.5% 3PT (36.5% career avg)

'Modern Day Stars' (Guards & Wings, because bigs don't count in this discussion) and their %'s:

LeBron James: 55% eFG, 55.5% 2PT, 36% 3PT (34.5% career avg)

Stephen Curry (last season): 60% eFG, 52.5% 2PT, 43.5% 3PT (keep in mind this man is arguably greatest shooter ever)

Kevin Durant (last season): 57% eFG, 58.5% 2PT, 35.5% 3PT

Kawhi Leonard: 47.5% eFG, 48% 2PT, 30% 3PT (**** numbers, but the media still slobbering)

Paul George (last season, too small of sample size for this yr): 54% eFG, 47.5% 2PT, 39% 3PT

Luka Doncic: 56% eFG, 62.5% 2PT, 32.5% 3PT

Kemba 'Definitely Not MVP' Walker: 50% eFG, 42.5% 2PT, 39% 3PT

Giannis, even though he's a big, because why not: 59.5% eFG, 64% 2PT, 29% 3PT

Kyrie Irving: 50.5% eFG, 50% 2PT, 34% 3PT

Damian Lillard: 53.5% eFG, 52% 2PT, 36% 3PT

Jimmy Tomball Butler: 45% eFG, 47.5% 2PT, 24% 3PT

Ben Simmons (who doesn't score the rock): 54% eFG, 53% 2PT, 1 career 3pt made

Devin Booker: 57.5% eFG, 55% 2PT, 42% 3PT

How's that for statistics? I'll give you a minute for it to process.

[​IMG]

Are you noticing a trend?

Me too. James Harden is a monster.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Field goal percentage?

Let me guess, you think the box score is wonderful too?

It isn’t the 1990’s anymore, they have more sophisticated and accurate ways to measure efficiency as well. As it turns out James Harden is one of the most efficient players in basketball history.

Also at this point LeBron James is not in the same class as Harden. Apparently you do not watch basketball closely. LeBron isn’t even the best player on his own team.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kemba lul

Lawlruschang and GotGame15 like this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It won't be too long before Kawhi, PG or Spicy P bump Harden out of the top 5. It is what it is. The team's focus should be on improving the team enough to give us a legit chance at winning it all this year. That's the best way to secure Harden's legacy.

16. JackLordsHair66

Couldn’t. Have said it better !! Another MVP for James would be great but at this point he/the entire team should be focused entirely on winning a championship and that means putting the best pieces around James to make that happen, that may unfortunately where the Rockets come up short again.

s3ts and BaselineFade like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

WB costing harden rungs on the ladder already. FFS

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You don't have to include free throws to understand why fg% is meaningless.

19. realonemo

realonemo Member

Lol Kobe never shot 50% does that mean he's trash ?

RocketRed84 and Nook like this.
  20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden has already been eliminated from the MVP race. He would have to average at least 47ppg and have the best record in the NBA.

arabrocket likes this.